Home Networking Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgmoss28

Beta member
I'm perplexed. I can't connect to the network I have setup in my house. Two of the three computers work fine on the network, except when trying to connect to the third.

Here's a little history. We bought a new HP Media Center PC m7360n in February. Everything was great until April when Media Center didn't recognize the TV tuner, and I couldn't run a disk defrag. So, after many hours of updating drivers, fiddeling with hardware and tweaking software, I finally reformatted the disk. Didin't help at all. Took it to best buy the next day, and everything was fine. I don't have a clue as to how it got fixed, but it's working like it should except for the networking thing.

I'm getting frusterated with this whole thing. I've tried shutting off firewalls, Noton, Spy Sweeper, etc. and nothing has helped.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Go to control panel/system, click on the hardware tab then device manager and check to see if your network card is listed without any error.

Go to control panel/network connections, right click on your network card and select status. Select the support tab, then detail. Make sure you have the IP information from your router. They should look similar to the other two.

Open up command prompt by going to start/run and typing cmd

Ping the default gateway (the router IP) to get a reply, if good ping 216.239.37.99 if good ping www.google.com

If you did not find that you receive the IP information from the router's DHCP server or that you can't ping anything. Download winsockxp at http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html backup your registry with this program then click fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom