home network question

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the trusted zone it is not necessary to keep the settings on the highest.

For the internet zone it is a good idea to keep it on highest although from time to time on certain websites you need to drop it down.

Cool ! I will try to stick to that.

From the googling I did so far it seems Zone Alarm free just won't work with ICS unless I set the internet security level down to medium.
I might have to consider a different firewall.... :(

Although it would be easier to buy a cheap switch, run the cable into the switch by the two computers and connect the two computer to the switch.

We will worry about it if you decide to go that route.

What kind of switch is that?
Would that be a switch that routes the internect connection from one PC to the other?
I was considering getting a KVM switch, so maybe something like that might be the best solution for the internet issue as well....

kvm switch will not do what you are looking for. They are designed to run two computers with one monitor, keyboard and mouse.

here is what I am talking about.
Newegg.com - D-Link DGS-2205 10/100/1000Mbps 5-Port Green Technology Desktop Switch 5 x RJ45 8K MAC Address Table 112KB per Device Buffer Memory - Switches

Think of it as a line splitter. One line comes in and 4 lines go out.

Thanks!
So, a switch like that would actually split the signal and also allow for both PCs to access the internet at the same time?

Yes and you would use regular cables not a crossover cable.

On a side note my i7 just arrived installing vista x64 as we speak.
Sorry I am excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom