HELP!! WIRELESS? :(

Chris510

Beta member
OK...I'm not very "tech savy" so I will explain this the best way I can... I have a friend's notebook...it's a Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM Notebook PC It has a built-in Wireless button on the keyboard (F12). Windows 7 was recently installed. After the installation of windows 7 the wireless stop working. I'm assuming the drivers/controllers need to be re-installed. How do I go about installing these so the notebook can detect wireless networks and (F12) can function again. I tried to install some drivers myself and got this message "No Intel Adapers are present in this computer" WHAT DO I DO!!

Alright, well you've already established that the laptop doesn't have the intel wireless adapter, and according to the drivers page on HP's site ( Software & Driver Downloads Compaq Presario CQ62-219WM Notebook PC | HP® Support ) there are three other types it could be.

Your best bet would be trial and error, for the wireless adapter. It could either be Ralink, Broadcom, or an Atheros one.

And most likely to get your F buttons to work again, you'll need to install the chipset driver FYI.

Ok..well here it goes...I'm going to try each one and see what happens...Ill keep you guys posted..

THANKS FELLAS!

Back
Top Bottom