Help Port forawding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pureblood

Baseband Member
Ok i can either use a belkin router (F5D7230-4) or a net gear router(WGR614 v6). I did everything i was supposed to at portforward.com It didn't work. Set up the static IP and everything. In the Belkin my computer isn't show up in the DHCP Client List. But it does on the netgear. I don't want help with both router just which ever one is easier. I am almost 100% positive i did everything right. The ports are just not open. I don't think it is my modem. I tried setting up port forwarding on that and that still didn't work. MY modem is a EQ- 660r. I disabled my computers firewall and everything and still didn't work. I am running windows vista? Can anyone help me?

If you have a static IP set than it won't show up in the DHCP Client List.

Why are you trying to forward a port and how do you know it doesn't work?

I am trying to open port 8000 for winamps shoutcast.
And i know it isn't working because when i go to canyousee.org and put in port 8000 they can't see so i know it isn't working

Instructions for RP614, MR814, WGR101, WGR614, WGT624, WGT634U, WGU624, WGM124, or WPN824

These routers do port forwarding by assigning port numbers to a "service" that is associated with the application you want to run.

To Let an Application Use Port Forwarding

1. Type the router's address in an Internet browser's address bar. (By default the router's address is 192.168.0.1). The Setup Wizard appears.
2. Enter the router's username and password.
3. Under Advanced, click Port Forwarding on the left menu bar.
A Port Forwarding Screen (Varies Slightly by Router)

4. From the Service & Game (or Service Name) pull down, select the service that you will host. The services the router knows about are listed here. If the service does not appear in the drop down, add a service as described in the next section, then return to this step.
5. Enter the IP address of your local server in the Server IP Address box.
6. Click Add.
7. Click Logout to exit from router settings.

To Add a Service for These Routers

To define a service not in the Service Name list, determine what port numbers are used by the service.

1. Click Add Custom Service.
2. Enter the first port number in an unused Start Port box.
3. If only one port number is to be forwarded, enter the same number in End Port. To specify a range of ports, enter the last port to be forwarded in the End Port box.
4. Enter any name you choose for the service.
5. Click Apply.

I am having a problem with the belkin 54g router. It's basically the same thing: I'm setting up a ventrilo home server. Could i get the steps on how to do that in the belkin wireless router form?

Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom