Facebook Games Slowing Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
recently i started having a problem.. i have 3 computers with cable internet 1 main pc hooked up directly to wireless zyxel x-550 router and other 2 connect wirelesly

it seems when the pc connected to the router goes on facebook and plays games on there thats the whole networks internet speed slows down dramatically

on my wireless connection im usually atleast 19 mbs down and 5 up according to speedtest.net

but when the other pc is doing stuff like facebook and facebook games i go down to 3-6 down and cant even get an upload speed reading

is there something in my router settings i should do to fix whatever is causing this or is this a cable problem because tech support told me i had some packet loss

So normaly you have 19/5Mbps speed but if you play facebook games on one of your PC then speed goes down to 3mbps or something.
Does it happens ONLY when playing facebook games?
It seems to me a something is eating your internet connection a virus or malware or adware.

My mother plays those Facebook games quite often and I don't see any noticeable slow down.. namely FarmVille, Farm Town, Bejeweled, and Cafe World.

It's not all the time... According to my mother, at times like 4-7 pm when folks get home, the reloads abnd such slow... but say 6am its quite fast. Sometime she can't even log on.... I just laugh and tell her its facebooks way of fighting her addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom