crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
is it possible if im getting a wireless connection to use 2 crossover cables from my 2 network adapters to play a lan connection on 2 ps2's.

I have been trying to play socom 3 online but when i connect, it says on the tv: There was a time-out while attempting to connect to the network. Please check your network connections. Press X to return to the title screen.

Can you explain what you are trying to accomplish in a clearer format, maybe provide a diagram or so. Because I have no idea what you are doing.

Heres what i have:
PC with a wireless network adapter, and 2 network adapters.
I am getting a wireless connection to the pc from my wireless router to my wireless network adapter. I have one crossover cable from one of my network adapters to my ps2. I have another crossover cable from the 2nd network adapter to another ps2. I can't play ps2 online because of the error message above, how do I get this to work.

pc- sharing connection to ps2

Why not just connect the ps2 to the router?

Look at this thread http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=114149

Scroll down to the PS2 part. That's setting 1 PS2, in order to setup two PS2 you need a switch to connect to the Host PC network adapter, then the switch will provide extra ports for both the PS2. You need to use a straight-through cable for the switch setup but you need to use a cross over cable for 1 PS2 to the Host.

You don't have to manually setup the IP on the PS2 like the guide explains, you should get an IP automatically.

I am not sure if you can use the 3rd NIC to connect the second PS2, but you can try. Instead of giving the NIC 192.168.0.1 you just give it something else like 192.168.1.1 or 2.1 or 3.1 just not the same like the other NICS. Try that.

Thanks, i will try that, the reason i cant connect them to the router is because im downstairs and the router is upstairs, i want to be able to enjoy it in the basement.

Sometime your DNS will point to the router, you can choose to use the router if it supports it or better to use the ISP DNS server to bypass the router if any problem occur.

Check your router WAN status if you need to know the ISP DNS.

ok, i got it working, thanks very much. I'm gonna try to see if i can get a lan going with my friend from the same pc im sharing a connection to my ps2

I got both of them connected, but when i created a game on one, it wouldnt show up on the other. so i guess they were both connected, but somethin was messed up. I think i should just order a linksys switch to save me some stress and headache. So how would i get it to work on a switch, make a diagram or something to help explain to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom