Crap router, need new one, but which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Currently I have a Linksys router with the latest Firmware, it is a Wireless capable router but I do not use the wireless features.

This router is crap, could be just the isp which is Charter but I am thinking that it is the router.

Constantly signed out of MSN even with the latest firmware that was spose to fix the MSN problem but only made it slightly more bareable.

Also when downloading from websites (not torrents) it gets to a certain point, usually a random one and then stops downloading.

we are spose to be on a 3mb cable connection but this is just terrible.

Can you recommend a router with wireless capabilities that will work with the Linksys wireless cards that are in use in this house, they are wireless B i think.

I have heard Belkin makes a good router?

Thanks

I have set up a couple of linksys router and i have actually never heard a complaint about them. I have a linksys router myself and have never had any problem, i think you should choose a linksys router with support for both wireless B and G (11mbit and 54mbit). An example of this is the model that Shawn wrote. I have a wireless card from linksys too and i have got it working fine in both windows and linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom