Can't find wireless connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoneandonly

Beta member
My computer recently crashed and I had to start all over with a reformat (took awhile to figure out). I previously had XP Home but I was given a copy of XP Pro to use this time around.

I need to connect to the wireless internet that we have here at home with this computer now. I downloaded the Linksys wireless network adaptor drivers and normally I can search for available networks in the area but it wont let me for some reason, the connect buttons are grayed out. I can't find the option to search for available networks through Network Connections either.

I've never had this problem before so.... How do I search for available network connections with XP Pro?

If you downloaded the linksys stuff and installed it then linksys is managing your wireless connection. You'll need to go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, and find Wireless Zero Configuration, right click on it, hit properties. Change the startup type to Automatic, then start it.
Now you should be able to manage your wireless connections with the normal windows utility.

Hmmm....

I reinstalled the Linksys stuff and the wireless stuff showed up right away. I wish I had tried that earlier.... :rolleyes: :D

I also checked what you said and it was already on Automatic. Thanks for the help anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom