Cable Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
im tryin to get my computer hooked directly up to the cable modem in my room.i hate wireless because when i play online games...it has a lagspike almost every 10 seconds. i tried to hook my modem up in my room, but it didnt seem to work. does anyone have any advice?

its 2 rooms away from me. and if you are thinking to stretch a 25-ft ethernet line across it...i dont know if it will work because there is a bathroom between the rooms.

i think u need to connect the splitter in yer room or u just stretch a cable...maybe u need to reset the modem or change your ethernet cards' MAC adress

ya i tried the splitter, but it didnt work....i think i do need to reset the modem or change the MAC address. plz inform me on how to do this. i have a netgear gc814w cable modem gateway. thks for your concern.

i have a great tool to change yer card's MAC adress...ur currently using this wireless ethernet card in yer pc right?

I think yer normal ethernet card must have the MAC adress your wireless card is using rightnow

let's see if I can find the tool....

im not sure how to use that advanced stuff. im a noob, maybe i iwll have to run the ethernet throught the wall, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom