40 minutes to log into domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I have win2k pro clients with win2k server, The client I have use to log normally. Since i have changed the domain about 2 months ago in the server, (by formatting and reinstalling) , clients take forever to log in :(

Can anyone give me the solution pls.

Did you rejoin them all to the new Domain name? If you labled it the same Domain name you would still have to rejoin the boxes to restablish the trust relationship and SID's.

What does rejoin stand for mate? could you pls explain me how do i perform it? i am really having hard time in it. TIA

linux1880 said:
What does rejoin stand for mate? could you pls explain me how do i perform it? i am really having hard time in it. TIA

It basically means just that without sounding like an ass..lol. If you have a domain named "MYDOMAIN" then you basically go to each computers computer name properties, the area that says DOMAIN or WORKGROUP should currently have the DOMAIN option checked with your current "MYDOMAIN" in that field. Simple just type in "MYDOMAIN" in that field again and click OK and you will then be prompted to enter the domain administrator account and should recieve a message stating "Welcome to the MYDOMAIN domain" then reboot to make settings take effect. This is only assuming that your old domain was named "MYDOMAIN" of course if you changed to say "MYDOMAIN2" then you would go to each station and join them as mentioned above to "MYDOMAIN2".

sure, that was the first thing i did mate, ofcourse without sounding like .....lol, I forgot to mention it earlier. Yes still I have the problem, I can't figure what exactly it is, but it makes so much frustrating to wait that long.

I had similar problem and it was coming from the DNS server.
Ther was wrong name of the domain pointing to My IP.
I correct the name and - Boombaa

Is your DNS Server set correct?

I have not touched the DNS thingy, it's running as a default. All I did was created domain and set scope in active directory . with main server ip 192.168.1.1 (which was same before deleting and formating) and clients are given accordingly 192.168.1.2......3........4... like that. That is all,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom