2 computer network

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many books for Linux.
You can find some Ebook. like "Most Common Linux Commands"
or Linux for 24 hours for a start
Then can jump to something deeper.

The real question is, when you get the two systems talking to each other, what do you want them to do? Do you want to share files between them? Do you want to run commands on the linux box from the windows system? How do you want them to communicate.

Because if you hook up a cross over cable between the two, give them 192.168.1.x ips with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, they should technically "see" each other. Just ping the other systems ip from a command line and you should get a responce.

Though like I said above, once you get them to talk, what do you want them to say?

I would like to find a way to share files between the 2 systems, but since I am so new to linux I am haveing to learn the layout of the system so to speak. I am moving from windows and getting around is kinda confusing me for the moment. Its not like a windows computer where you can click my computer and see your hard drive right off. But like I said I would like to share files for the moment. And thanks milen for those book suggestions. I will look them up asap :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom