is it posible to duel boot ubuntu via USB flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
alright to make a long story short, i have tried to install ubuntu many times onto my desktop and it is just not working. i tried to partition the hard drive every way possible. i do not really wanna try anymore partitioning. then i came up with the idea maybe i can install it onto my memory stick. and boot it from that. now is this possible? and if so how can i do this?

Yes you can install Ubuntu onto a flash drive. Just google for it, and there's tons of guides.

There's also a program out there that basically installs the ISO for you...but I can't remember what its called...

That's what it was...thanks oldskool. Couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me.

unetbootin is a great program still needs a bit of tweaking to make it 100% reliable it's great with some distributions and works flawlessly but others are not exactly reliable I tried to re image my netbook with NetBSD over FreeBSD (needed something from there ports tree) and it worked fine. Tried sdoing the same with FreeBSD and nada refused to boot of the stick correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom