A+ Certification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are U Afraid

Beta member
I'm new to the board so let me start off by saying hi.

Hi

Anyways I need some help here. I really enjoy computers and would love to get a job in computer repair. I have no certifications nor have I taking any college courses but am attempting to now. I want to get an A+ certification but am not sure how it works or where to start. Can someone please lead me in the right direction here and explain to me how it work and what I need to do.

By the way I live in Phx, AZ in case you list any schools.

A+ from what i understand was just changed to test on different questions from the old one. First you should visit comptia's web site b/c they usually give you a good overview of what is on the test and basic topics that it covers. From there you can google or read through the forums for information on different topics. If you have some computer repair experience it shouldn't be too hard of a test. I took mine after doing repairs for 4 months and passed on the first try. Let me know if you have other quetsions.

I just want to let you know that your A+ will only be good for repair, as it seems you know already.

I highly suggest going for an engineering degree at an accredited ABET school for a long-term/stable/something that'll provide you with more than a PC repair job. You can do this while you're young, though don't count on it as your career, if you want to live a mediocre life.

I agree with M4A1, an A+ cert alone won't earn you a living. It's a nice addition to your resume though.

Take lots of practice tests. The content of the test isn't real hard but there's lots of questions on nuance differences between versions of windows and such.

I've heard good things about http://www.pass-guaranteed.com for the A+ tests

You will need the background and experience too though so get a good A+ course or book and go through it and keep working with the hardware always.

I passed both first time with that approach.

M4A1 said:
I just want to let you know that your A+ will only be good for repair, as it seems you know already.

I highly suggest going for an engineering degree at an accredited ABET school for a long-term/stable/something that'll provide you with more than a PC repair job. You can do this while you're young, though don't count on it as your career, if you want to live a mediocre life.

Yup, agree! However, A+ is a good start I guess?

pc repair

I have been playing with pc's for a while know. I started my son on the road to Insanity that is Playing with Computers he is know 16 and is a Brain on them, so I needed to do something. I found a Great school the link is www.pennfoster.com its a very good school and cheap to also they have been a great help in any thing I need also its a home study, look into it.
brhosm@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom