Anyone here work at a NOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told them I could leave work earlier but they didn't want me to. So the interview was extremely early. I left my house at 5:45 AM to go to the interview. That place was huge! Got interviewed by three people. They asked a lot of questions and we did some whiteboard stuffs. I was in telecommunications before I got into networking and cisco, and they were quite interested with my telecom background. Hopefully, I get the job. They have to contact the recruiting agency then the agency contacts me. They did ask for references and to forward that to the recruiter so that may be a good sign.

I guess. It's a switch from systems administration work to networking. The pay and benefits are better and I have more opportunities to advance. But, I probably won't have my own office and company car like I do now.

It's a lot of work. You gotta do everything. Systems admin is really more like systems admin, network admin, help desk, pc tech, field tech, shoulder to cry on. Maybe not that last part but your responsibility covers quite a bit.

Ya that's what i've noticed as well. While i'm not in that position yet i'm close with a few coworkers that are system admins and it's essentially a catch-all position. While the main responsibility is server support they catch everything else too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom