nintendo wii HD ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a dvd wii console but that may only be released in Japan, just like the Panasonic Q.

Source: Search IGN http://uk.wii.ign.com

Also there is no dvd attachment for the current wii and there are no annoucements about an attachment either.

Honestly, why do you really need your video game system to play DVDs anyway? How many poeple don't have a regualr DVD player to begin with anymore?

Yeah, the DVD player in my PS2 was nice.... for the month that it worked well. Honestly, that's one of the many reasons I couldn't care less about the PS3. They talk about how it's the "cheapest blu-ray player on the market".... but if it is anything like the DVD player in the PS2 no wonder it is cheap.... because it sucks!

I buy a gaming console to play games... period. I don't care about all of the bells and whistles. It's just more stuff that can break and **** me off.

I don't get what makes the Wii incapable of playing DVDs.

I has a DVD-ROM drive, it has a processor which is more than capable of decrypting DVD CSS, it has a video card capable of displaying the DVD on a TV that is either square or wide, it has wireless wiimotes. What would the attachment be? I don't get it. A firmware update will easily fix it.

The General said:
What would the attachment be? I don't get it. A firmware update will easily fix it.

I think people are talking about an attachment like the one that was released for the xbox (remote control?)... but it seems clear from everything that I read that to get DVD playability on a Wii you will have to buy a whole new system when they are released in 2007.

"a Nintendo spokesperson has made it clear that the differences are larger than just software and that it "requires more than a firmware upgrade."" source = Dailytech.
Not sure why... the only thing I have heard is that Nintendo doesn't want to pay for the licensing?

hmm maybe its cause the Wii makers are smart xD

its a marketing tatic called market skimming, they release the console, all the hardnut fans buy it asap, then the straglers, who have to save up etc

they re release it with a "plus" feature and the guys who snapped up the Wii on day one go back and get another

hence increasing revenue.

its to do with "not making the perfect system" if it was perfect they couldnt reinvent it and sell it off again, look at the Xbox, and crystal, then the gameboy, GB mini, PS2 PS2 slim line, etc etc pretty much exactly the same each time

btw the "get a CD" might work, but it will need to designed by someone, much like swap magic was designed =]

anyone wanna have a go at doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom