Gameqube format

Status
Not open for further replies.

toysys

Beta member
Can anyone tell me what format Gameqube uses for there disks? I know they are 'mini' disks, but how are they encoded? Are they CD, DVD-5, DVD-9, DVD-DL? and what file system do they use, UDF, raw, binary, ??? I have software and hardware that can write to all hardware types and in any format. Would like to know where to start.

Format found

Well... I finaly found it. Seems that they write from the outside>in verses the standard inside>out. They also spin the disk in the opposite direction. This is why all standard drives fail to think there is a disk inserted. Not a problem, bits are bits. I have a converted drive I use to read RAW data from media and the softwaer to read it. Also found out that CloneCD can rip the data. Just have to write it back to a Mini-DVD in raw mode.
The Old Guy :bald:

is this so you can backup your games? if u can read them to store on your hard drive you can use the phantasy start online trick to play them directly from your pc?

Kids!

:rolleyes:
These belong to my 11 year old who has the ability to destroy everything he touches. He has no computer to run them from and from what I have heard, play is a bit jerky. However, thanks for the thought.

ah thats fair enough. Its totally legal to make a backup copy for yourrself to use in these kinda conditions. as long as you dont start selling them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom