RAM Slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Beta member
I know that the Xbox has about 64 mb of RAM to use, but I opened my box up and saw that there is 6 ram slots total, and only 2 were being used! I went out and found myself some chips and added another 64 mb of RAM.

I was wondering, because the xbox wasn't meant to use it, if there was a way to make the box actually use that RAM to improve loading times and such, because it has 128 mb of RAM but it still only uses 64 on games.

yes by all logic i can see that as the only reason aside from the idea to mess with people

Well I think the emulators would be highly unlikely for having the extra slots.

Truthfully companyÂ’s cut corners where they can and it is cheaper to put something out that is already designed even if it has parts that in this case are not meant to be seen or used, then to redesign that part, produce/test it and then distribute to Microsoft only after assuring them there will be no recalls and trying to explain why they didnÂ’t use something tried and true, for a console that might sell poorly (and did)

Now on top of that Microsoft takes a loss for ever Xbox sold, so this added expense would increase the loss on every system they sell since the price for the new part would cost more then the old one.

Not to mention that like most things in the game world is pushed out as fast as possible so the shear time cost of the delay for these to happen would be astronomical not to mention the speed technology changes...

Anyway you get the idea /smile

ryunix

did you check the otherside of the board some versions have it some chips on that side, don't take this as gold but i read this
somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom