Modding my 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paint job turned out pretty nice :)

I like the black, it looks good. Black and red will look good together, though black goes with just about anything, I'd probably do black and green if I painted mine...or black and fluorescent green (with mini-blacklight tubes inside to make it glow :) )...

...I should paint my old 360, I have a new one that looks good...I don't know, I kinda want to mod it but I kinda don't...paint is easy though. What did you do for the Ring of Light? How did you paint the white part of the power button black?

...I should paint my old 360, I have a new one that looks good...I don't know, I kinda want to mod it but I kinda don't...paint is easy though. What did you do for the Ring of Light? How did you paint the white part of the power button black?

For the ring of light I'm thinking about buying one that is red of of llama.com or ebay because if my 360 does die on me I'll be able to pop the old one in and see whats wrong.

This is what I'm looking at for that... $40 though The Llamma's Game Console Parts and Accessories

I have not yet painted the faceplate, but I'm probably going to have the enitre thing black and have the memory card flaps, sync button, and USB covers red. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the power button. I may end up painting that by hand.

I'm also thinking about getting some red LED's for the side vents: The Llamma's Game Console Parts and Accessories

By the way, has anyone ordered anything off llama.com? If so how was there service?

yuck, i hate the whole red thing. in my opnion you should have kept the green/black color thing. i would have put a side pannel window on it and threw some green cold cathodes. that would look nice and then i would replace the fans with a few green LED fans. then you would have some thing.

it may not be my choice of colors but you are doing a good job :happy:

Fans came in today, popped them in today and they look awesome in the dark. Here is what they look like in the dark

EDIT:

Got my HDD painted here are some pics:

Here is the side, I still have to remove some tape but it came out good

Here is the top, I finished sanding in the middle and re-painted it and it came out great

Very nice... I don't like the red you picked out, but you are doing a great job at painting it...

Yeah, I wish they had, had a brighter red when I bought spray paint but they didn't, but gears of war is kind of a darker red.

Got the crimson omen painted on the thing last night, pealed off the sticker today, it came out pretty good there's some soft spots around the edges but overall it came out very well.

Sorry for bad pic quality, I'm still kind of asleep and I just took the pic like 15 mins ago.

Let that stuff harden up for a few days, that way, you wont have issues with it all chipping... Are you going to leave it flattish, or are you going to give it a glossy clear coat? or just a flat clear coat? What brand spray paints are you using?

I'm going to let it dry for a while, then put some clear satin enamel on it. I'm using a brand called rust-olem, I used that for primer/paint and am using a brand called krylon for enamel.

I was wondering, cause I use Krylon for plastics and metals as my primers and base coats... I usualy get a REALLY nice finish as long as I wet sand it for glossy looks... My only problem was not letting it sit for a week or so on my computer case to harden up... Chipped the **** out of one of my side panels putting it all back together... But I like how it can go on rather heavily, and not puddle up badly, or leave a strange appearance...

I used krylon when I painted my GH2 Guitar, it came out very nice... I can't find the pics but here is a youtube video of it: YouTube - Guitar hero 2 painted.

I may do another one similar because we are putting an addition on our house that's going to have a special area for spray painting so I'll be able to do a MUCH better job because I won't have to worry about the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom