UK games on an australian laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

large banana

Solid State Member
Hello

I recently got an australian laptop and wondering, when i return to the uk, will i be able to play my games on this? I have tried uk dvd's and windows media player says i need to update my decoding software.

So, if tey don't work, do I need a new disc drive or just some software?

cheers.

Those are just installer files. The physicall DVD doesn't matter, but movies that have special encoding it does matter.

With your movies you will have 3 times to change your dvd region. Once you move back to the UK you can change from region 4 to region 2 assuming you do not bring a bunch of dvd's with you from Australia.

DVD games are not like DVD movies.
However you might need to worry about where you are downloading your patches from.

Some games require patches from a particulare reigon.
Eg. Sacred 2 : Fallen Angel where there is the
US Patch and UK / International Patch

Rather annoying when you download these things only to find out that you downloaded the patch for the wrong reagon. And the problem with Australia is that we get games UK and US version of games depending on where you are shopping at.
Eg, My copy of Scared 2 is the US version, not the UK/International verion.

With your movies you will have 3 times to change your dvd region. Once you move back to the UK you can change from region 4 to region 2 assuming you do not bring a bunch of dvd's with you from Australia.

DVD Region Free helps out in that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom