steam problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
i am trying to play counterstrike and it alwasy used to work but now when i go to open steam it just seems to do absolutely nothing!

if i ctrl alt delete steam is running but i cant access it no matter what i try, i have tried a clean resart with nothing in startup registry to make nothing is stopping it running but its still the same, i have tried uninstall and re install. i have d/l steam off the net to make sure my disk isnt faluty - same problem, everything else i try to run on p.c works fine, whats going on???

ps - it says 4.5gb installtion on dvd case but on ad-remove programmes it tells me half life 2 is 220mb? seems very small?

Something (firewall, anti-spy/mal/adware/virus) is blocking it. Turn off all firewalls, including the Windows one, make sure all your anti-whatever programs are off.

One that stopped Steam from showing up for me was SpyCatcher from Warez Monster's spyware removal guide.

steam is sweet i think. but the minds of the people behind it that destroy my (purchased) oppertunity to play COD2 through it BLOW.

I've got the same problem, but I've tried turning off my anti-whatever programs off and running many anti-virus programs and reinstalling steam, but I can't find anything that will help.

Any suggestions?

Ive got a major problem only with, Steam games. CS:S , DOD:S, HALF LIFE 2 Death Match. I start them up and i get a message on my monitor saying. 'Signal out of range' sujesting that the resolution isnt supported, then i put it in 640x480 mode 'safe mode' and it still doesnt work.

Im very annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom