Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5 coming 11/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethesda are in the elite class of developers now. They have always heavily supported the production and use of mods. And unlike most greedy devs these days, having not been bought out by either Shamivision or Electronic S***, will help and I think they'll stay true to their beliefs.

Can't fricken wait for this release.

I had to play Oblivion on a 6800GT 'til 2007, in my head it still looks terrible, even though I've now played it on my 260 with graphics enhancement mods :p

I played Oblivion for a bit, but kinda got bored with it. I'll certainly be giving this a shot though.

originally from PP Mguire
So a Tweet from Bethesda confirmed new engine. I came a little, did a back flip, and had an orgy while i was still in the air.
lol'd so hard.

but yeah i can't wait for this. i dont like that their waiting so long to release it though

What I'm think is that because they had to incorporate dragons and all that that's the main reason why they revamped the engine. Now when it comes to mods I know they will make it easy to mod I mean look at how easy Fallout NV was to mod.

While 4 grand total of games came out on the TES3 engine I think it was a great engine but as said it limited both Fallout games and TES4 graphically.

Oblivion was amazing for its time though. It was like Crysis when it came out in 06 lagging every machine across the globe. My 6800GT struggled so hard with it even with 2GB of RAM. When Morrowind came out my G3 TI500 had no idea what to do with it. Sure now they look mildly ok graphically but back then they where amazing. I was just yelling for a new engine cause im seriously hoping for native true DX11. I would drool for years over it lol.

I hope they completely turn the series on its head and bust out something new. I'm sure I would love this game if my enemies didn't level up with me, taking away my sense of advancement. Right now I'm playing Arcania: Gothic 4, and even though the game is extremely unpolished, glitchy, dumbed down, and inferior to Oblivion in every way but graphically, I'm enjoying it more because I feel like I'm getting somewhere. It has a linear story that I can kinda connect with. I can't see this game being any longer than 30 hours. I played Oblivion for 30 hours and felt like I accomplished nothing. The story hadn't advanced much at all and my character neither. There was nothing to do but quit. It's just not for me. It's a great game but not for me. I hope this new one changes that. And yeah, I disliked Fallout even more lol.

But here's to betting it's ported onto PC with no mod support.. i hope i am wrong.

Well, Oblivion wasn't a port was it? I got the ps3 version because all my computer had was a 6800, and I felt the controls were garbage and would have been much better on pc. That wheel was just plain dumb.

While 4 grand total of games came out on the TES3 engine I think it was a great engine but as said it limited both Fallout games and TES4 graphically.

Oh wow, that engine must have gotten some heavy revamping then. TES3 was on original xbox, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom