New Mechwarrior Game Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
New MechWarrior Game Announced | A+E Interactive

I was reading about this over the weekend and apparently it's official that there's a new Mechwarrior game coming out in the near future. It looks like some of the guys from FASA have formed a gaming company and now have the rights after M$ decided not to make any more games in the series. The trailers are apparently all in-game footage and honestly I think it just looks awesome! I'm a HUGE Mechwarrior fan and I've played and beaten every game in the series from the 1980s RPG-like games to the latest Mechwarrior 4 crapfests.

The story line is going to be set prior to the Clan invasions so it's like a series reboot which I think is a really good thing, too. As you can tell I'm pretty pumped:D

*Screams like a excited little school girl seeing a pop star*

Been waiting for this forever and ever. Just re beat MW4 Black Knight a few months ago and I think I may just have to bust MW4 Mercenaries out :D

Unfortunately there's no release date, or a budget, or publisher, or…anything. But it has been revealed that it will have a full single-player campaign, four-player co-op and multiplayer. And that, based on the video, it will be awesome.

The only promising portion of that statement is in fact the video. Unfortunately...

Looks cool though. Multiplayer and co-op would have to be spot-on.

man this looks awesome. i stopped playing them right after mechwarrior mercanires because the rest of them sucked.

looks like i am going to have to break out my ms force feedback joystick :D

Never got into MW games, but that looks pretty good. It would have to have some good supporting content like Havoc said though.

man this looks awesome. i stopped playing them right after mechwarrior mercanires because the rest of them sucked.

looks like i am going to have to break out my ms force feedback joystick :D

MS Sidewinder Pro is the only joystick I've ever liked and I lucked out one day and found a pair of them at a thrift store so I'm set. Just need to pick up a new Gameport to USB adapter :p

MW3 was okay, MW4 and MW4 Mercs honestly seemed average at best and very formulaic. They had that overly-simplified "Microsofty" feel to them. It's a Battlemech it's supposed to be complicated!

MW2 Mercenaries is one of my favorite games of all time and I've beat it more times than I can count by now.

MS Sidewinder Pro is the only joystick I've ever liked and I lucked out one day and found a pair of them at a thrift store so I'm set. Just need to pick up a new Gameport to USB adapter :p

man i have had mine forever now. got it back in the P4 days when it just came out. love that thing. once you use the sidewinder you never want to go back. even though the base is a bit big :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom