New Gaming Headset, Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcirtap813

Baseband Member
Hello, i have about, 120$ atm to spare, a lil more if i save up if i need too, i was planning on getting a new mousepad (razer exact mousepad, btw i have a deathadder mouse.) and keyboard (havent decided yet...) with my money then i would save up and get the headset...

But ATM i can't decide which i should get first, to me really it depends on the price of everything, either way im gonna get all 3 of them eventually.
Which should i get first?

Also, for now or the future or w.e, i really cannot decide what headset to get atm. idc if its xbox compatible because im gonna get the steelseries xbox360 adapter anyways.. I do want an over-the-ear headset, i was looking at the razer megaladon, but also its a little pricy... im looking for a good headset because i do play FPS and mmo games, and for FPS, headset is a MUST xD. i saw some that had like 8 speakers in it, 4 in each cuff... but i am looking for a good gaming over-the-ear headset that will last a long time and is worth the money, and OFC with its own soundcard too....

If you want a good headset and don't want to experiment like I did... buy some good headphones and then buy a clip on Mic...
I went through multiple razer barracudas, and other cheaper gaming headsets.

This is what I have now
Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-A700 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones: Electronics

and this mic clip on

Amazon.com: Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone Retail: Electronics

This is cheaper and also a very good headset, it is basically the same but it is open. That basically means that if you have the volume up people around you might be able to hear whats going on with your music and your games and stuff. It also means if you have a loud house and someone is vacuuming or something it will mess with the sound, whereas with closed you barley hear anything. But, in a quiet room or house the Open headset is supposed to sound better.

Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones with 53mm Drivers with Neodymium Magnet Systems: Electronics

Honestly, I kind of wish I got the open just because the closed makes you hear your voice weird when your talking to someone in game or over vent... it's hard to explain lol.
Both are comfortable.

If you want a good headset and don't want to experiment like I did... buy some good headphones and then buy a clip on Mic...
I went through multiple razer barracudas, and other cheaper gaming headsets.

This is what I have now
Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-A700 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones: Electronics

and this mic clip on

Amazon.com: Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone Retail: Electronics

This is cheaper and also a very good headset, it is basically the same but it is open. That basically means that if you have the volume up people around you might be able to hear whats going on with your music and your games and stuff. It also means if you have a loud house and someone is vacuuming or something it will mess with the sound, whereas with closed you barley hear anything. But, in a quiet room or house the Open headset is supposed to sound better.

Amazon.com: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones with 53mm Drivers with Neodymium Magnet Systems: Electronics

Honestly, I kind of wish I got the open just because the closed makes you hear your voice weird when your talking to someone in game or over vent... it's hard to explain lol.
Both are comfortable.

umm, i prefer just an normal gaming over the ear headset. i dont want the clip on mic, i prefer it just being attached to the headset. got any other choices? the pirahna i heard was ok but its open, so i dont want it, megaldon i head was good but a bit pricy. the turtle beach x1s r cheap, cover the ear, work for 360 and pc, but i dont think that they will b that good. they seem just like normal headset, nothin special... i wanted surround sound for the fps games, so i can hear the footsteps better and what direction they are coming from and so on.. any other choices?

I play cs:s a lot and footsteps are a big part of the game. That is why I went with one of these two. After a fair bit of experience I would never go back to a headset with a mic attached. When I had one of my many razer barracudas (they broke a lot), I couldn't hear footsteps behind me in the 5.1 surround sound, but setting it to normal headphone settings in the game worked fine.

I've tried these too if you really just want a gamer headset with everything on it. Not as good sound imo though. If you go the way I suggested, the clip on mic just goes on your headsets braided wire and it sounds just as good as any mic I've ever used. My teammates say that it sounded so good that they bought one (although I think it sounded good because of something else).

Newegg.com - steelseries 5H V2 3.5mm Circumaural Gaming Headset

I play cs:s a lot and footsteps are a big part of the game. That is why I went with one of these two. After a fair bit of experience I would never go back to a headset with a mic attached. When I had one of my many razer barracudas (they broke a lot), I couldn't hear footsteps behind me in the 5.1 surround sound, but setting it to normal headphone settings in the game worked fine.

I've tried these too if you really just want a gamer headset with everything on it. Not as good sound imo though. If you go the way I suggested, the clip on mic just goes on your headsets braided wire and it sounds just as good as any mic I've ever used. My teammates say that it sounded so good that they bought one (although I think it sounded good because of something else).

Newegg.com - steelseries 5H V2 3.5mm Circumaural Gaming Headset

REALLY? you said that a gamers headset doesnt have as good sound as normal or w.e? btw u said 5.1, i was thinking on getting 7.1, i hear the 7.1 is good for like CS:S (which i do play) and stuff for the footsteps... this is making no sense to me at all lol, if getting like a headset with no mic and getting a clip on mic seperately is better, how come like most people have a normal gamin headset?

please explain i havent owned a very expensive headset yet.. thank you

I don't know for sure, but my guess is.. calling a headset a "gaming" headset is more of a marketing ploy than a technological improvement FOR gaming. Thus a higher end "normal" headset + a mic yields a better product because you are paying for quality, rather than the word "gaming" on the box.

REALLY? you said that a gamers headset doesnt have as good sound as normal or w.e? btw u said 5.1, i was thinking on getting 7.1, i hear the 7.1 is good for like CS:S (which i do play) and stuff for the footsteps... this is making no sense to me at all lol, if getting like a headset with no mic and getting a clip on mic seperately is better, how come like most people have a normal gamin headset?

please explain i havent owned a very expensive headset yet.. thank you

I don't know for sure, but my guess is.. calling a headset a "gaming" headset is more of a marketing ploy than a technological improvement FOR gaming. Thus a higher end "normal" headset + a mic yields a better product because you are paying for quality, rather than the word "gaming" on the box.
Pretty much exactly.
Any good gaming headset you get won't be much more or less then the combo I showed you, I wouldn't call them very expensive.

if getting like a headset with no mic and getting a clip on mic seperately is better, how come like most people have a normal gamin headset?
Probably the same reason that most people stick with integrated sound. It's easier and usually cheaper.
Also marketing probably has something to do with it. In the end you see most cs:s players eventually going with sennheiser and a clip on mic.

imo, u get better value and performance the way I suggested first. But the steel series 5hv2 headset i linked to you are not bad at all. I used to hear foot steps just fine with my $25 steel series 3h gaming headset as well.. I don't think 7.1 would help you hear footsteps any better, but I wouldn't know.

Pretty much exactly.
Any good gaming headset you get won't be much more or less then the combo I showed you, I wouldn't call them very expensive.

Probably the same reason that most people stick with integrated sound. It's easier and usually cheaper.
Also marketing probably has something to do with it. In the end you see most cs:s players eventually going with sennheiser and a clip on mic.

imo, u get better value and performance the way I suggested first. But the steel series 5hv2 headset i linked to you are not bad at all. I used to hear foot steps just fine with my $25 steel series 3h gaming headset as well.. I don't think 7.1 would help you hear footsteps any better, but I wouldn't know.

yeh i know what your saying, i still prefer a boom than a clip on but i was really interested in the siberia headset even tho it was a clip on. once i saw the siberia v2 headset plus has usb soundcard, 7.1 w00t... i completely fell in love with em, been looking at so many reviews and havent found one bad, on new egg its 4/4 100% 5 egg reviews every1 says that the original siberia were super cofortable, and these are even more comfortable. plus the 7.1, and it has a pull out boom in it so that is just a bonus. the strap is one size fits all which i love so no messing around with it just put it on.. looks really nice, 110$ for the one with the usb soundcard. it has alot better reviews that the 5H v2. its over the ear. looks 2 good to be true lol. what do you think? also i just got anotehr 50 bucks so i got like 170$ about.. so i could get that and my mousepad or depending the price of the keyboard i select. what do you think of the siberia v2 usb? here is link on actual site.SteelSeries Siberia v2 Full-size Headset USB - Audio

it does no tmention that it is noise cancelling mic or has a silencer, im going to look into it to make sure because that is a must...

ALSO: i can get the 360 adapter for these so they will work fine on xbox 360 if i want... so overall i liked every aspect of this mic atm, anyone have any comments about this mic?

Ya Sennheisers own. If you buy a mic separately, I'd recommend getting some Sennheiser HD555's. Amazon has them for $87
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD-555 Audiophile Headphones: Electronics

Also from experience I'd say stay away from 5.1 headsets.. They seem to die quickly. The two I've had within the last year or so have both died..

what u think of the steelseries siberia v2 w/ usb soundcard?
i reallllly want a headset with a boom man i dont really want to get the headphones and mic sperate, i prefer boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom