Myst Masterpiece: failure to launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
I just went to compusa with $22.00, and came out with the Myst tenth anniversary edition pack. Its got 3 dvd's, (why did it use dvd's? The first one requires a bulky 2mb of disc space, and the last one about 200MB.)

And anyways, the first one is Myst MAsterpiece Edition, and it installed great. I put the disc in the drive, start the game, and the screen goes black. Seconds later, i get this finger-pointer and hear like music and a fire. And i can move the pointer. (wee).

Nothing happens after that. I have to close it. Ive tried starting it from the disc auto-run, the icon, the start menu, and even a command-line. All same. I heard there was some errors with the quicktime backward-compatibility, (Wait, the game runs on quicktime?), but i tried uninstalling quicktime 7.1 and instlling the one that came with the disc(6.3), and whenever i try to open Quicktime it gives me some error and says its not installed. And i cant re-install 7.1, cause it comes with itunes, and setup detects that i already have itunes and goes non-responsive.

Help? (i think ive got the quicktime figured out, but does anyone have myst Masterpiece Edition?)

Never had that problem with Myst. I have the Masterpiece edition... somewhere.

Sounds like a software conflict to me. Try killing your background apps.

tried, failed, rebooted, tried again, failed again, and i couldnt find a way to cheat. So im stuck. O, and quicktime wont work on my pc. It says "error 20***************** please make QT is installed properly on this system.". I even uninstalled, rebooted, and re-installed and rebooted, and same thing. I even tried it again whith uninstalling itunes as well, but it didnt work either.

Anyone had problems with quicktime on xp pro sp2(dumb quetstion)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom