Help COD4 doesnt run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats speedstep and how do I disable it?

Will it affect any other games or programs if I do?

EDIT: I also think that could be the problem, as look at this screenshot on this thread here. http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/terrible-idle-cpu-temps-frequency-182559/#post1439107

Those temps are extremely high and I think that's most likely the problem. If temps are too high the CPU will throttle down to prevent damage....so I'm 99% sure this is the culprit.

I would recommend buying an aftermarket cooler, but until then check to see if the cooler is mounted properly (all the tabs are clicked down).

I recommend this cooler:

OCZ Vendetta 2 OCZTVEND2 - PC World Business Online Store UK - Buy The Best Deals Online.

Hmm, I think its secured down properly. Although I admit, I may have loosened up on one of the pins due to getting nervous over the bending of the board and sorting of crackling sound when applying pressure, or is this ok and just go ahead and put as much pressure is needed to secure the pins/clamps?

Thanks for the suggestion, will probably go ahead and purchase that.

Gotta push down on them pins, if not the heatsink wont make good contact
with the chip. Also if you used too much or too little thermal, thats a problem too.

Someone ought to conduct a test of how far you can bend a mobo before damage occurs, i allways about snap mine when pushing my soundcard in :eek:

STILL underperforming. The CPU gets to around 49 max when playing COD4, it sets everything on max as default yet FPS isnt great. I get between 50-80 indoors on maps like broadcast. But outside or on maps like creek it drops to 25-40 (mostly around the 25 mark).

What else can I possibly do.

Check your AA settings....make sure they aren't over 2x or 4x as the g92 gpus don't take kindly to AA settings over that.

I really am stumped as to what to do. Cooling situation is sorted. Drivers are up to date. Speedstep is off. Maybe its just down to its compatibility with 64bit/vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom