Help COD4 doesnt run well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Right well COD4 isnt running too well on my new PC.

Its to do with framerates. I always test if im getting smooth frames by (this works in any FPS) looking at the floor and look around a little to see how smooth it would be 30+ fps as when you look at the floor its a lot less demanding. I do this and its smooth. I look up and its smooth-ish. Id say 25 (will have to get the fps command up when im at home this evening). But im getting mouse lag whenever im looking up, its not major, less than a secnd for sure, but its very noticable, especially in MP.

My rig can more than run this game. in fact, when I choose optimal settings, everything is maxed out and on extra.

Even when I drop the settings down to normal/low its still the 25ish fps mark with the slight mouse lag. But when I do the floor test its smooth.

I mean, If i can run this with normal to high settings great on a 7600GT and 2.8GHz P4 (old machine) then my machine should be overkill for it. I mean, I can run UT3, all the steam games maxed out running great and Crysis on high with a few very high running good 25-40fps (custom config). COD4 should be a breeze.

Im currently on Vista64 bit, is there any known problems with COd4 running on this?

Anyone got any suggestions or help. I have all the latest patches and drivers for my hardware.

Try re-installing it to see if that helps. Looking at your system it should run fine. It runs fine on my system which is half of yours. I suggest downloading the latest drivers for you 9800 too. Also see if you have AA turned too high because a lot of cards can't necessarily handle the highest AA settings on new games.

You may want to check the settings to see if "sync every frame" is enabled. Also, you may want to try and up the refresh rate to 60hz+ if you can. Other than that, I usually disable "Glow" and then it should run great. What resolution are your playing at? Nothing crazy like higher than 1920x1080, right?

No nothing crazy. I am playing on a 32" HD tv with DVI to HDMI lead (looks gorgeous) but thats for all my other games too which run fine. I even set the resolution to something like 900 x 6 something or rather ingame.

I tried disabling glow, amount of corpses, dynamic lights etc.... I even set AA to 2XAA but still it hangs at the 25ish (im estimating as I havent done the show fps command yet, but its definately not as smooth as it should, and I have some mouse lag).

I have the latest drivers for all my hardware so thats not the issue. Last time I checked sync every frame wasnt enabled, but ill double check tonight. And ill also check the refresh rate, although im pretty sure its at 60.

Im lucky for 2 weeks :D

Its only temporary until I get paid and get myself a monitor. This is just the den TV;) You should see the 42" Sony HD in the lounge, unfortunately my parents wouldnt let me put it on that one though xD

No :(. I did the cg_drawfps 1 and playing a few maps it ranges from the 21-28 fps mark.

In order to get a decent 30-40 I have to turn all the nice settings off (shadow, glow, number of dynamic lights down etc..) and have some of my textures at high - mid.

But when optimal settings is clicked, everything is maxed out, I dont understand why its underperfoming so much. My rig should be overkill for COD4.

You have no idea how lucky you are :p

No more lucky than me :D Then again i spend 99percent of my life in my bedroom, so i am right in having a nice looking setup :p

Anyway - i have no idea whats wrong.. this is an odd game, some people say it is badly optimized. But then here's me playing at 1920x1080 with absolute maximum settings and getting 50fps lowest, maxing 100fps and averaging above 60. Yet my system is a 8800GTS 320mb and a E6850@3ghz and 2Gb ram. Nothing special at all.

WAIT! I do recall the demo of the game had serious FPS problems with conflicting with other aps, particularly F@H. I deleted F@H before i got the full version so i don't know whether they ironed out that problem.

Umm cod4 is extremely optimized oreo.

Its not another crysis....

But yeah, something is wrong.

I dont have to turn down any settings and im on an 8800gt, so you need to
maybe do a driver reinstall. Reformat is another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom