HALF-LIFE 2 : Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
I literally feel sorry for all the 56kers that had to wait for HL2 when they first bought it,
4 hours down here. I had a freind that purchase a copy of HL2 from me , and he was complaining as he was inbetween plans.

Then again, games like Star Wars Galaxies is about a 1/2 day to update.

At least WoW is different where the updates are of obvious in your directory. I just copy them off and burn then on to CD just incase I need to reinstall.

Harper said:
I just copy them off and burn then on to CD just incase I need to reinstall.

Yeah, that MIGHT work, but Valve updates their buggy damn games every 5 minutes.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Yeah, that MIGHT work, but Valve updates their buggy damn games every 5 minutes.
It's a better idea for those people that have download limits. Especially when they are all playing the same game.
Eg. My Sister, Her Boyfriend and Myself share the same internet connection. We all playing WoW. It just so much simplier for one of use to download the latest patch, and then distribute it across the next work.
Like a 60mb Patch file might not sound so bad, but when you have 3x Account Users and 5x Computers to install that on, that 60Mb Patch file turns into 300Mb worth of Bandwidth.

Steam was buggy when released. it was a test, to see if the theory would work in the real world. However, its gotten a LOT better as the Valve devs learn from their mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom