GTA4 and its CPU intensive needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did it doesnt work.

2d1o4g7.jpg

still limits me to medium textures.

hmm interesting...........set the resolution like i did. Hmm, it probably worked for me because i used the safe mode first im just guessing or that my OS isnt a server one. Can u screenshot me ur settings so i can take a look at it? Try lowering ur resolution in the game settings, that should allow u to change it from Medium to High. I had to do that but since i discovered these tweaks, i just set the width and height resolution in Target n it works. Doesnt stretch it out, so im basically restriction free, except that it doesnt read all my VRAM as i hoped it would. Still says 501MB (really is using 501MB not 502MB like i previously posted.)

stilll restricts me. dam they need an sli patch. it also says my vmem is 496 my card is 512mb... anyway yea even with norestriction and my res as low as it will go wont work go to high texture.

stilll restricts me. dam they need an sli patch. it also says my vmem is 496 my card is 512mb... anyway yea even with norestriction and my res as low as it will go wont work go to high texture.

well all i know is through Safe Mode u can customize all settings but idk another way of getting there.

did u try the other tweaks like turning off v-sync n stuff? Do they work for u?

Where would I find the ATI crossfire patch wildside? Cause I looked up and down the ati site and still no luck.

If you read my signature you'll realize I have no will power and had to get the 7750. Its already ordered but I looked through like 6~7 reviews before I decided to do so.

Hopefully my brothers 585 watt PSU should be able to handle the new chip.

If you read my signature you'll realize I have no will power and had to get the 7750. Its already ordered but I looked through like 6~7 reviews before I decided to do so.

Hopefully my brothers 585 watt PSU should be able to handle the new chip.

Lol. Well, it's 80 bucks anyway, so that's not bad at all if you're gonna get a few months of solid use out of it.

ok so im reinstaling i now have 3gb of memory aswell. gonna see if this chanegs anyhing medium doesnt look that bad but i would like to run high. THE MEMORY HAS HELPED ME IMPROVE ALOT.

how is he managing this??? YouTube - GTA 4 [SLi ON!] "Maximum Settings Core i7 1680x1050" [720p HD] Benchmark i understand his cpu is good but to get 65fps with sli 8800gt's. and sli is working to. i treid forcing afr2 but it slowed my fps down. he is also on high settings :(

ok so aparently he is usign the nvidia 181.00 beta drivers which i am downloadign now and he is forcing afr2 in the control panel i will try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom