Game Problem Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midil

Beta member
First of all Im sorry if this post is in the wrong thread Im kinda having a a hard time where to put it but I guess this topic is closest to this thread

Heres the problem:

Every time I play a game, after a while my whole computer freezes. I have no idea why this is happening. Some say it maybe because of my RAM or my video card which were newly installed.

I used to have a 7300 LE and 1 DDR2 533MHZ 512 RAM, now I have a 8800GT and 2x 1GB DRR2 633 MHZ RAM.

Motherboard

Board: Hewleet-Packard Asterope2 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc.

7300 LE and the 512 MB RAM worked fine on my motherboard in terms of playing games.

Any idea on how to fix games from freezing?

what are your cpu,gpu temps?
use core temp for cpu and ati tool for gpu...make sure i isnt over heating.
and if the power wasnt connected to the gpu, i doubt the pc would even turn on(not sure about that though)

Overheating video card?

thats what im guessing.

not sure what case he has and what kind of airflow hes using...like fans, etc etc.

edit:
just remembered, if its overheating, he should get riva tuner and increase the fan speed since theyre defaulted really low.

Probably the video card, this used to happen to me a lot when I first built this PC because my 9600 Pro was running too hot. Just do what they say and get riva tuner and crank up the fan.

OK, let's think about this a minute... a HP mobo means it is a HP, a pre-built, with a max 300W PSU. There is a 8800GT in it now... running off that same 300W PSU. Is the problem getting clearer?

You are running with insufficient power. The card is sucking down all the juice and your system is crashing. you need to replace your PSu with one that puts out enough wattage/amps to support the card and your other hardware before it fries something.

I can't believe no one saw this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom