game choice help

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is nothing wrong with running and shooting! thats like every FPS. anyways yea you can install all the stuff on the cd, although i think you install deathmatch off of steam.

Deimos said:
there is nothing wrong with running and shooting! thats like every FPS. anyways yea you can install all the stuff on the cd, although i think you install deathmatch off of steam.
sorry..im not sayin running and shooting is bad or anything...if u get it that way..
its just my personal taste of FPS...i just gets bored sooo quick for running shooting games...
so far there r only BF2 and RVS and CoD as my favorite fps.
(im very disappointed by cod2...)

yea i understand, but i can never get enough n00b blasting. it's in my BLOOD!Mmm... blood.

H2 it is the most bestest game ever and im putting this words in deap format because I wuv it :eek:

Half Life 2 is indisputably one of the finest games ever made. The story itself is really cool when you take the series into consideration. During the game, its pretty typical alien occupation thing. Its how Half Life 2 presents that story that is stunning. Its something u need to play to believe.

I got my copy via Steam using a promotion coupon I got from AMD. I DLed and installed Steam, created an account, entered the key on the coupon, and bingo, i was ready to go (after a few hours waiting for download and verification)

ok.. if i install all the games from the cd... and then add my cd key to steam. can i play the games through steam by using the installed files on my pc.. or do i also have to download the files from steam? im asking this because id rather not have to download the games... if i have the cd.. it makes more sense to just install them completely from the cd.. and then just use steam for the servers to play CS Source or deathmatch. when i had halflife 1... i would just run the game from my pc without steam.. i only used steam to play CS

Hmm I never had any of these Steam problems. I already had a Steam account from when it first came out, but I didn't have any HL/CS stuff installed when I got Half-Life 2. I used the discs to install and it was really easy (although there's a bug that makes the install corrupt if you don't install both HL2 and CS: Source); all I did was follow the regular install, enter the key, sign in to Steam (which was included), it decrypted the files, and I was done.

Bigjoe, just install Half Life 2 via the disks the way you would normally do. There were plenty of ppl who got it no problem.

ok thanks.. i going to install everything from the cds... then add my cd key to steam and use steam to launch the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom