Driver Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PurpleGorilla

Baseband Member
Hi everyone, I am looking for a performance tweaked driver (Z-Tweaked prefered) for my graphics card:

XFX Geforce 6200 512Mb GDDR2 64bit.

So that would be a driver for a Geforce 6200

Thanks up ahead.

Every card overclocks differently. Just start bumping up the clocks slowly. You can run a benchmark like 3DMark06 to test stability. You also need to keep your eyes on how hot the card gets, but I'm not sure what the thermal limit is on your card. It's an older card so it probably needs to stay below 70C but I'm just guessing.

I tried overclocking, I clocked my core clock 350--> 400 and my memory clock 500--> 550.

I tested it on stability with FurMark and it was stable, My GPU temp didn't go over 55C at any time.

then when I entered CS:S my fps were much better, but I had these horrible Laggs/Chokes for up to 10 seconds

Any ideas on what went wrong???

Furmark is really only testing the cards abilitly to dissapate heat. It not really performing any tests of the gpu's features to determine stability.

I recommend using a benchmark like 3DMark06 or Vantage for testing stability and then use your games as an additional test. If you experience any abnormalities reduce your overclock.

Go here and choose your OS to download.

Omega drivers are Nvidia (or ATI) drivers that have been stripped of all the junk and then tweaked for best performance. The drivers up for download are based off of the 169.21 Nvidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom