Does Punkbuster really bust the punk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I'm a console gamer that went to PC gaming over the last year or so now. I really didn't play much multi player for PC until lately. Right now it's BF2.

I'm just wondering how good this punkbuster stuff really works? For the games that have it...

I've been playing BF2 over the last few days, pretty fun. Typically I would say people get any where from 20's to 40's kills per game. Seems about the norm for most maps. Well the other day there was this dude that got like 96 kills and died twice. I know there is always some one out there better then the next guy but 96 kills was way over what any one else had. I still haven't seen that many kills in another game.

So can people cheat and get around these anti-cheat devices?

All cheating aside. There is some crazy talent on this game, or PC games in general. I don't know if it's because the higher ranks unlock guns that much better then what I have as a newb or if they are just deadly accurate. I just cannot seem to kill people as quickly as the masses do in this game. My best k/d ratio so far is 27/14.

What about COD games, like COD4, are there cheaters in the multi player?

I know one cheat in CoD4, where you can fire the most powerful hangun ten times in a second in online multiplayer. But it's more of an exploit than a cheat.

Every game will have cheaters.

The weapons dont matter, some guys just have amazing rflexes. No punkbuster doesnt stop every hack, but it gets most of them.

One of the people that I was living with seemed to get off on cheating games. To him, Counter Strike was not about killing Terrorists. It was all about hacks and hacking the hacks.

Pity the guy did not put same amount of energy into finding a job.

If all you are going to do is cheat, then all you are doing in cheating yourself. People have nothing to gain from cheating.

Not sure about Punkbuster, but I not that nProtect that comes along with Aion causes more problems than what it solves.

PB works, but it isn't perfect and can be a real PITA sometimes when it wants to be. My clan uses it to catch hackers in BF2 a lot.. Once someone is caught via PB they are universally banned by game serial from servers running PB (i.e. all ranked servers).

I played CoD4 for a while, on multiplayer. I'd play the map "Shipment" with 50 people, one person was a victor with 1 death and 150 kills, the server admins blocked his IP address, and all was good after that. If you find a good server with active admins, cheaters are hard to come by.

Its funny though, sometimes youll get accused of being a hacker just due to the fact that either everybody else sucks or you just happen to have the luck of the irsh and are on a major killing streak. Ive hit a 25 kill streak with the G3.....legit too no hax.

Its funny though, sometimes youll get accused of being a hacker just due to the fact that either everybody else sucks or you just happen to have the luck of the irsh and are on a major killing streak. Ive hit a 25 kill streak with the G3.....legit too no hax.

I was called a cheater/hacker the other day. I have no idea why either. I was just goofing off with my knife out. I turned a corner and there is 3 dudes. Two of them on the ground and one standing up. I knifed all three of them LOL. I couldn't stop laughing. ANd I suck at this game still. Only been playing 3 or 4 days.

Trotter that is good to know. The guy that had that many kills was put into a vote to kick but only about 15 people voted.

I've come across a few hackers in COD got accused of cheating once way back in the the day in a Half life mod called Day of Defeat, the map was a beach front that the us troops attacked and the Germans defended and I was on the German side, only two ways to get up off the beach, a narrow sandy ramp cut into the hill and a rope going up the cliff to the German bunkers, I had a sniper rifle and layed right at the top of the ramp and pick one after another off, Half the team was defending the rope and the other half was either dropping ammo for me, or shooting from the bunkers, The best part was when they tried throwing granades at me, they just rolled down the hill before they exploded, Got something like 97 kills and 4 deaths in that game, However I noticed many times after that I was a marked man LOL always seen someone say to get Dauntae, he's that sniper hehe, There were a lot of players in that lucky game and they always hunted me if they say me in the game.

Dauntae

I apologize, I don't even want to read any responses. I just want to express my unrelenting hatred for punkbuster software.

I hate it! I'm not a hacker, nor would I ever want to hack any video games. I'm not talking about single player games and using cheats. I'm talking about using hacks in multiplayer games.

I hate it because It's caused me NOTHING BUT ISSUES in EVERY SINGLE GAME that it's in. It doesn't matter how many help or support threads I post in or read. It doesn't matter what I try, punkbuster always screws me over. I hate it. It's one of the worst pieces of software that was even supported by the gaming industry.

Do a google search for "punkbuster help" or something regarding punkbuster. You will net millions of results of people having issues.

punkbuster is the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom