Diablo 3....It's Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL of the original team (Blizzard North) was disbanded and left Blizzard Entertainment.

Copied from my post in the longest history thread:

ive been playing Diablo 2 for 8 yrs, 7 yrs online. A true RPG that will never die lol.

FYI, the creators who made Diablo 1 & 2, Blizzard North, left Blizzard n founded Flagship Studios in 2003. They made Hellgate: London, which i have n similar to Diablo 2 but not the best RPG, ppl have really put it down because of how different it is n quite frankly not that fun. However, PvP patches r coming, many more cool things r coming, so all n all the game is improving.

Diablo 3 from Blizzard is must if ur into RPGs.

I'm gonna change my avatar to Diablo 3 for now n stick with it because i love the Diablo franchise so much! I am so hyped up for this game!

Well in responses to longevity, if the development time is any indication, I think it will have a longer lifetime than Diablo 2.

And although the whole look of the game is a big issue to me, when it comes down to it it's not going to affect my opinion of the final product too much (if it's fun its fun, so what if its a bit cartoonish) -- but I would like them to darken the game up a bit just for the same of keeping in line with the franchise.

Only time will tell though, but I think even the most cynical, like me, have to admit that Blizzard has never put out a low quality game.

Well in responses to longevity, if the development time is any indication, I think it will have a longer lifetime than Diablo 2.

And although the whole look of the game is a big issue to me, when it comes down to it it's not going to affect my opinion of the final product too much (if it's fun its fun, so what if its a bit cartoonish) -- but I would like them to darken the game up a bit just for the same of keeping in line with the franchise.

Only time will tell though, but I think even the most cynical, like me, have to admit that Blizzard has never put out a low quality game.

last time i logged into D2, only around 30k ppl still play D2 from........oh say.......2 yrs ago when it was 50k or so.

oh get this guys, the Lead Designer in charge of making this game is the same guy from Relic Entertainment who made Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War!!!! I LOVE THAT GAME!!!

EDIT:

Who's Jay Wilson? - WOW Insider

Joystiq chats with Jay Wilson on Diablo 3 - Joystiq

so...I found this out this morning and i was super ticked that i didn't have internet to watch anything on it.

I fell in love with this game many years ago and have bought d2 atleast 5 times. I will be somewhere at midnight on release date, cash in hand.

Crap. I just remembered i don't have a computer to play this on. Chances are, my laptop won't play it and i sold my desktop to my parents. Looks like im going to be building another desktop soon. :)

so...I found this out this morning and i was super ticked that i didn't have internet to watch anything on it.

I fell in love with this game many years ago and have bought d2 atleast 5 times. I will be somewhere at midnight on release date, cash in hand.

Crap. I just remembered i don't have a computer to play this on. Chances are, my laptop won't play it and i sold my desktop to my parents. Looks like im going to be building another desktop soon. :)

Don't worry, it's not gonna come out for a couple of years.

lol i just bought d2 again for kicks since i lost my install discs. still a **** good game. just a shame 800x600 doesnt look so well on a 24" lol. at least i can use fixed aspect-ratio scaling so it wont be too bad.
d2 will have to hold me over till d3 since im sick of aoc. >.>

lol i just bought d2 again for kicks since i lost my install discs. still a **** good game. just a shame 800x600 doesnt look so well on a 24" lol. at least i can use fixed aspect-ratio scaling so it wont be too bad.
d2 will have to hold me over till d3 since im sick of aoc. >.>

well i good news for u Akubane, Blizzard released a new patch, 1.12, which will make u run Diablo 2 n the expansion run without the CD, nice huh? Also, what is ur acc name? Mine is Wildside-1.

yeah with the patch they released digital downloads of all their games from the website, so i didnt have to go out and buy the discs XDD I always end up losing them anyway.

UNFORTUNATELY, they have a really irritating bug that's screwing up virtually ALL of their serial numbers, saying that its for different products. There's a whole lot of people that wen't out and bought diablo 2 again after they announced diablo 3, and the problems are littering the forums. unfortunately it was over the weekend so no word yet.

The problem is it won't let you log into battle.net servers becuase it thinks your number is wrong, BUT it WILL let you onto usWest. which is weird.

so i said screwit and started on west >.> the lag's a bit worse, battle.net is gettin pretty old lol but oh well. Untill they either fix my key or send me a new one i'll stay on west. I might stay anyway since i took the time to get through normal.

Anyway lol, account name is Akubane. lol i wish my other ones werent deleted. the 3 month thing is a bit of a bother. i've had 2 sets of beefy accounts erased :S but it keeps the servers clean and running smoothly-ish so i can't complain all that much.

Played it all yesterday and still havin just as much fun with it. Course there's not as many people as there used to be, although there's been a decent sized influx in the last couple days XD pretty cool.

Anyone have some honest constructive predictions on a potential release date? Blizz hasn't announced it yet but the game looks nearly complete. They were bold enough to release official gameplay footage and screenshots. I can see them releasing more info over the next few months to feed our hunger, like other classes and screenshots. Maybe a few more videos, wallpapers, etc.. My guess is in time for Christmas. All the little kiddies know what to ask for when that time comes around. The big month of spending $$$ and time to stay indoors and play play play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom