CS:S Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Ok so this has really been bugging me for a while. My full system specs are as follows (for now):

AMD Athlon 3000+ @2.52GHz
MSI K8N Neo4-F
Asus Geforce 6200 TC @ 456/714 (sold my 6800GS)
OCZ premier value ram @ 229MHz
40 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM 2MB cache ATA-133

When I play CS I get decent frame rates (70 fps+) but everyone else on the server lags like a b!tch. Everything runs perfectly fine on my part but when I go to shoot someone they just lag out of the way then I'm dead. I don't know if it's my internet connection (if it is could a mod please move this to the networking section of the forum) but I've looked around and can't find crap! Help please.

Well what's your average ping in servers? There is a console command for fixing cl rates but I can't remember it off the top of my head

PC gaming ->

Um. call your local ISP and ask them to do a diagonostic of your system. They will tell you how good your connection is and if you need a techy out there to fix your connection in your area.

Well my connection is fine, but I'm on a wireless router so....

EDIT: My connection is decent, I'm usually between 36-54Mbps and then internet runs fine. Maybe I should get an access point or something.

I would suggest finding another server..one with a lower ping. Or try these cmds.

rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101

The thing is I love the server I play on and the people there are great so yea...BTW where do I put those commands?

also use these to fix hitbox issues, I applied these after I'd shoot a deagle square on someones head in close range and it wouldn't register, never had that problem again after this tweak, fair to use in tournament play too:

cl_interp 0

cl_interpolate 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom