Crysis SP Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgcook's got an ultra and a q6600 oc at about 3.2 so thats why his results are better than mine.
Im just not sure if he has the settings at high or very high.
I want to see the difference between those two....lets see how good this game is with vista.

Crytek better make the compatibility better...if they start making games taht can only be maxed out with sli setups...then im gonna move onto a console which is cheaper and less to worrry about.
I spent almost 2k on my rig...cos i wanted to be able to max out every game.
I have my e6550 @3.2 right now. I plan on getting the q9450 when it comes out, so hopefully that will help.

edit:
mgcook hasnt gone to sli ultras yet...
and i can play this game on high settings with my resolution at 1650x1080 with fps between 35-45...no aa or as

I just got done playing the demo on my laptop seen in my signature.

I ran 1280 x 800 res with physics and sound quality turned on high, most others on medium and the rest on low. Played pretty decent.

As far as game play goes, this game is going to be ****ing awesome. The effects blow my mind and are definitely the best I've ever seen in a game.

I turned the graphics on all high settings and of course was like watching a slide show on my computer, but I thought the textures looked great, some of the best if not the best I've ever seen.

Why should developers make games that can be played at max? I can understand being mad if the game is optimized bad so it doesn't look good on a good system. But if the game can't be maxed because its just that advanced then I would consider that good. Even without maxed settings the game will look amazing and when you can play at maxed it will look even better.

Why should developers make games that can be played at max? I can understand being mad if the game is optimized bad so it doesn't look good on a good system. But if the game can't be maxed because its just that advanced then I would consider that good. Even without maxed settings the game will look amazing and when you can play at maxed it will look even better.

XD I agree 100% with that. everyones basically saying slow down the development of the games because todays hardware isnt keeping up.

now i DO understand poor optimisation and such, not to mention the fact that paying several thousand dollars for a pc to run it on max sucks..

guess the solution is wait 2 or 3 years till new hardwares out and cheaper.. then play it. lol

And then to think in two years time there releaseing a patch which will make thos game look even better... o.0

On a Games For Windows podcast, the head developer from Crytek (can't remember his name) said that they are trying to make the game 100% future proof, so that it will still look really good on a system 2, 3, even 5 years from now. Maybe that's why it's so hard for our systems to play this on max settings.

I think what some of you are suggesting is absurd... when a game is released, it should be able to play at full potential with at least a mainstream high-end system, like an E6600 and an 8800GTX at 60 fps with at least 1280x1024 resolution

It used to be that the ultra top-end $3000 SLI/Crossfire rigs were just for future-proofing and playing at monstrous resolutions, but now one game is going to set such high standards to be able to play at full settings? I mean, people with 8800s playing at standard resolution can't cross the 45 fps barrier, even with an ultra?? Give me a break...

This game doesn't look THAT amazing enough to be stressing systems this much. Some textures are horrid by the way. The kind of graphics we were promised are only present in the cinematics. The poor performance is obviously due to shoddy optimization, and by now, with the beta having already been released and the actual game planning to be released within less than a month, we shouldn't be seeing problems like this. And I don't place much hope in Crytek to do much fan service as they're now covered by EA as far as lining their pockets is concerned. The only people worried about making money now are the EA goons and they couldn't care less at this point. I don't know, I'm thoroughly disappointed to the point where I feel like selling my computer and buying a drum set or something a lot more gratifying. I can't understand how a few people here are satisfied with this demo release.

everyone is complaining about this lol, look at oblivion a few years old, and only now are people maxing it with decent resolutions. and frame rates, and not gettign a bogdown on fps, in combat, and we all love oblivion dont we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom