Cod4 mmo speculation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
IGN Advertisement
i think this would be very very very cool, especialy if it was i nthe modern warfare scenario, and hadt hings where u had to go thru training and get special equipment and what not. im sure if it where to be made itd be the next big hit after wow, it would have to be imo.

i dont even see how it would work.

how would it be any different from the normal go around and shoot everything multiplayer? more people? i don't even want to imagine the server lag. i guess you could add gear and stat upgrading and make it into a pseudo rpg.

Or It could do it kidna like hellgate london, but considering CoD is so realistic, having guns and knives would get horribly boring. And not liek you'd find any huge monster bosses to take down. Or any rare superweapons.

Maybe they could make it into a GTA type game and go do a bunch of shoot this guy or rescue this person quests. And level up so maybe your bullets hurt more XD

I only see this as another lame attempt at making money. Game fee + monthly fee.

I could be surprised though.. It might turn out to be a hit... but turning a strict, human based, non magical fps franchise into an mmo sounds like its going to fail rather than be the next 'WoW'.

On a related note, it will also have to compete with age of conan, which will have a solid playerbase by the time this game has even started devellopment. Even though they more than likely won't be the same type of mmo, I imagine it would still take quite a considerable hit.

IGN Advertisement
i think this would be very very very cool, especialy if it was i nthe modern warfare scenario, and hadt hings where u had to go thru training and get special equipment and what not. im sure if it where to be made itd be the next big hit after wow, it would have to be imo.

you've misinterpreted it completely. it says "the call of duty franchise" not cod4. and they've already made a war mmo, in the form of battlefront europe, so it could work.

but you failed at understanding.

eh? never heard of it. was it any good?

and for the record noone mentioned CoD4 what-so-ever. seem's You've misinterpreted what amd was stating.

simply put he's hoping that if it were to launch, that it would be set in modern warfare times, unlike call of duty 1 or 2 etc. As well as go through differen't training courses in order to gain access to certain weapons/weapon categories etc.

maybe i'm classing mmo's improperly but just upscaling the normal FPS multiplayer larger just to justify a monthly fee would be lame, so they'd have to pull something out of their hats.

on a side note at 64 player battles i'd hardly call frontlines an mmo either. So unless they scale this on a "Massive MO" scale then categorizing it so would just be ridiculous and/or a good cover for robbing people.

i think if it where to be done it would be doen well thats for sure, because bizzard would be the ne behind the mmo part of it.
i see it as yo yuwould had to group up with others, and do htings like assasinations and base storming and what not, preaty much think of any any mission in cod4 and thno if it as a quest u can do with others.

i think if it where to be done it would be doen well thats for sure, because bizzard would be the ne behind the mmo part of it.
i see it as yo yuwould had to group up with others, and do htings like assasinations and base storming and what not, preaty much think of any any mission in cod4 and thno if it as a quest u can do with others.

hmm.. those are some good ideas. and you are right about blizzard ^_^. i dunno guess i''ll have to wait and see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom