Building new comp for pc games, need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it
AMD 2600xp
gigabyte 7vt600f
128 9600XTG
512 pc 3200
combodrive
thermotech III aluminium

is this able to play any games?
not best settings but i need medium for games like far cry
would this do the job

Re: just about the guy who is gonna update to a prescot

Sh0r_ty said:
hey look i just thought that i should warn u against the prescot 3.2 ghz that u are looking at buying. i read a review in pcpower play a month or 2 ago that shoud that the northwood (c) is faster than the prescot due to the long pipe lind in the prescot. ( a long pipe line means that each clock cycle takes longer) so please don't wase your maney on a prescot they are also problomatic to set up and a pain in the arse to keep cool. they generally suck
so if u must buy pentium (go AMD) the for gods sake buy an Northwood and don't get ripped off

What prescot thing am i looking to buy?

Is it the hard drive/motherboard/etc? Cuz i dont see a prescot under that list i gave, also, this is my thread, dont clutter it plz, i just read a few post that has nothing to do with my comp.

Re: Re: just about the guy who is gonna update to a prescot

KiDrIoT69 said:
What prescot thing am i looking to buy?

Is it the hard drive/motherboard/etc? Cuz i dont see a prescot under that list i gave, also, this is my thread, dont clutter it plz, i just read a few post that has nothing to do with my comp.

he was talking to me lol

OK i looked for your board and yes it does suppport ECC. So you could go with either one I guess, I recommend non-ECC.

ECC means Error Check Code, it has 8 extra bits to detect errors when stored information is sent back to the application. Since errors don't happen very often in this day and age much anymore, you might as well stick with non-ECC, because ECC slows you PC down by approximatly 3%.

269$- Gfx card: Ati Radeon 9800 or better

115$- Motherboard: Asus K8V SE Deluxe

28$- Sound Blaster Live

282$- CPU: Athlon 64 3200+ Clawhammer

106$- Hard Drive: Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, MODEL 6Y160M0, OEM Drive Only.

49$- Case: Rosewill ATX Case with 400W Power Supply and Side Window (Black), Model "TU-155".

67.99$- Optical drives: NEC 8X Black DVD+RW/-RW Drive, Model ND-2500A, OEM Bulk.

28.99$- Fans: Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU Cooler For AMD Opteron and Athlon 64, Model "A1744"

259$- RAM- Kingston HyperX Series Dual Kits 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-4000

Is this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom