BATTLEFIELD 2142 TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Hi - playing battlefield 2142 with my boys and have been putting up with a few problems. My PC= HP Media wiht a changed out video card to a EVGA nvidia 8600gtx. os= Vista 32, mouse = logitec G5, headset = plantronics. Overall the game is working fine and a lot of fun for us.

I was hoping some of you gaming woudl knwo this game and beable to help. I woudl rather not have to spend hours on the battlefiled forums as the threads are lengthy. I am " Speeepero1" in the game.

1) I cant see my mouse pointer in the various screen on options, setup, between games waiting to join a new game, etc. ( I have to move the mouse around until I highlight something to see where I am pointing) . (the G5 does have drivers and logiteks /set point software loaded and upgraded)

2) Every one in a while I get "punkpusted" for "HEARTBEATS" ? NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS. Punkpuster is loaded and up to date.

2) MY MIC/HEADSET WONT WORK - Obviously it is difficult to set it up properly without being able to see a mouse pointer. BUT, I have gotten it to work in the Vista setup, and in the test are in options of the game. I can sometime hear my teammate/squad - but they can never hear me.

Thanks in advance - also looking to join a clan - if anybody out there wants a old guy just learning this stuff.

Please edit your post and make it so that it is not all Caps. That is like shouting to someone in real life and no one is going to sit here and read and help when a topic is posted in all caps. It is considered rude and disrespectful.

opps - software I work with everyday is all in caps and I never even noticed- sorry

OK - how?? Do I have to rewite the whole thing?

Ok - just re- wrote it.

I was obviously busy and in a hurry on the first posting- I am sweeper01 in Battlefield2142. NO ideas??

1) "Your Controls.con file got wiped somehow. Just go into your options and reset everything to default and then redo whatever controls that were custom."
Source

2) Try forwarding your ports and allowing BF2142 through your firewall.

3) Not sure. have you looked for drivers for it?

Thanks for the reply Trotter- will attempt those solutions - not knowledgeable enough to "forward" ports - but will definitely reset defaults in the options. I did figure out that what ever setting I do change in options fails to save- so the Controls.con file seems to be at least part of the problem and it may solve the mic problem as well. I do not have the vista firewall option "on" as I use Kaspersky - but will check to see if somehow that got turned on again. I cant wait until I get my new system - just waiting for win7 to be available- and for Christmas = defending the costs of new setup against the wife as part of the kids Christmas presents, I already stashed a PS3 for the same purpose. . It is a game we play- she knows that I enjoy playing as much as my kids do.

Went into the website for Port forwarding ( thanks for the link) - read about manually doing it and it is beyond me. Do you think that software on that link that does it automatically is a good product or a rip off. I reset all the options/controls to default and it did help some- mouse pointer will now flicker occasionally. The VOIP/mic settings will not hold- they continue to reset to " no" as soon as I get off that page. Looked for new drivers and downloaded the newest "set point" for logitek G5 mouse, but found no new Plantronics drivers for the mic/headset. I think it is a problem with keeping the settings in battlefield "on" for the mic to work. When I go into that screen and turn VOIP/microphone settings "on" and do the test it works. But as soon as I get off that page and then go back the setting have reverted back to "off". The "heartbeats" punkbuster only happens on some servers - so it is probably a port issue. Let me know if you think the software is a good idea or not - I think it was like $30 to download it. I just dont have enough time/knowledge to do the port forwarding thing myself- I am afraid i will screw up my PC beyond my ability to fix what I did wrong and then it will cost $$/time to take it to some one else. We can continue to enjoy the game "as is" if necessary. Looked into the game document files on the PC - and some how those files are all set to be read via ADOBE - which obviously does not work. Like I said I know just enough to really mess things up so some time ago I must have messed that up. I appreciate your patients with me.

Port forwarding will not mess up anything permit. All your doing is going into your router settings and opening up ports. Do you know how to log into your router? If so then the steps on that site are pretty straight forward.

On a side note, I once tried out Kaspersky I hated how much it took over my computer. AVG is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom