Titanfall

Do you even have an Xbone? If not I'd gladly take that code off your hands lol. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

I don't really care so much about the fact that it's 6 v 6, in fact, I'm perfectly fine with that because I'm used to it from playing COD search and destroy over the years; it's the bots that worry me because I feel like you could abuse them to run up the score.

This game should be really cool. It looks amazing but the problem is the 24 Ai controlled bots. AI is rumored to be bad at this point and they are basically "powerups" for accelerating access to Titans. With everything going on in BF4, this game should be able to at least handle 12 or 16 human controlled players per team. Maybe a patch in the future.

Reminds me of a combination of Armored Core, Tribes, and PlanetSide 2 kind of - just smaller lol.

Do you even have an Xbone? If not I'd gladly take that code off your hands lol. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game.

I don't really care so much about the fact that it's 6 v 6, in fact, I'm perfectly fine with that because I'm used to it from playing COD search and destroy over the years; it's the bots that worry me because I feel like you could abuse them to run up the score.

That is the point. Its called attrition and resembles that of a MOBA game.

edit:
This game should be really cool. It looks amazing but the problem is the 24 Ai controlled bots. AI is rumored to be bad at this point and they are basically "powerups" for accelerating access to Titans. With everything going on in BF4, this game should be able to at least handle 12 or 16 human controlled players per team. Maybe a patch in the future.

again, that is the point.

In a MOBA, you kill to attain exp and level up your abilities. The AI won't be posing a huge threat and is meant to be farmed. They won't give as much as killing a player though, think it was only a single point per AI killed.

Last edited:
This game had a lot of promise and had me somewhat regretful that I didn't have an XBONE, but everything I have heard about it recently, especially the 6 on 6, makes it a much easier pill to swallow. They made it sound like this was supposed to compete with BF4 and CoD, but that just isn't going to happen. This isn't even the same type of game as far as I am concerned. In my opinion the scope of FPS "war" games should be getting bigger, not smaller. BF4 has the right idea. 32 v 32 with massive, dynamic maps and an array of vehicles to traverse them. There are basically 4-5 small battles going on at any given time in each match. It is great. That is the way it should be. Titanfall is going to be a decent game, but it isn't a head on competitor of the major FPS franchises out there. Not even close.
Idk, I never got the impression this game was supposed to take on infantry/vehicle based large scale FPS with small scale mecha based combat.
When I first read about the game I thought it sounded pretty lame until I saw actual in game footage. I think it'll be brilliant.

Idk, I never got the impression this game was supposed to take on infantry/vehicle based large scale FPS with small scale mecha based combat.
When I first read about the game I thought it sounded pretty lame until I saw actual in game footage. I think it'll be brilliant.

I don't necessarily mean the infantry/vehicle based combat, I was just making a point to illustrate the larger scope of Battlefield. The first articles and game play trailers I saw for Titanfall talked about how Zampella and his crew wanted something to rival CoD. I guess they may have been talking about down the line if this franchise is successful. The small scale was just not what I had pictured or seen. My understanding was that there would be at least 10-15 players per team and they would all be able to potentially use their mech during the match, but a lot of the fighting would be on foot.

Back
Top Bottom