switching games to new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodhamster

Solid State Member
hi,
can anybody tell me what to do to tansfer my games to a new computer i have built. i have loaded them up but they all run with a green line through them. i assume it is a security feature against piracy. i am still using the same i.s.p. although i am now uing a wireless router through an ethernet card. i have all the key codes for the discs and i am useing the same e-mail address.
bloodhamster.

Just install them locally on your PC like you did in the first place.

What green line?

mypic5.jpg

the green line which is running through the middle of the screen when i run the game . i.e. the problem. i'm sure it 's not my system error its a piracy issue.

What games are you talking about, and why are you so sure its not your system?

It sounds to me like your video card is either overclocked too far or on the way out.

Sometimes if your chord that plugs into your video card and your monitor is loose youll see odd colors on the monitor. Check the connection. If you've OC'ed it, down clock it and see what happends.

If the problem persists, try swapping in a different video card.

Hi guys,
screen is working perfect if i play downloaded video clips. i have tried running two of my games so far, c.o.d.2 &medal of honour. funily enough c.o.d. has a vertical green line running through it but medal of honour is a horizontal line. my system is a new build spec,64 x2 duel core 4200, 2x asusextreme 7600gs 512mb , ocz gold 1gig, 2x300gb hard drives linked in raid array as one . both games were registered online when purchased but it seems from feedback recieved so far there should not be a problem with me loading them up on another computer with the same isp provider and same e-mail address and same user name.

That should not matter unless you got 2 computer online at the same time playing the same game with the same account. Then you would have problem with gaming the same. And normally you would be getting some error message alerting you that there is some one else out there logging on with the account or serial number.

bloodhamster said:
the green line which is running through the middle of the screen when i run the game . i.e. the problem. i'm sure it 's not my system error its a piracy issue.
DUDE. It sounds like you got bigger issues to worry about.

It sounds like there is some thing stuffed with your video card or video cards drivers. It sounds like your video card has a corruptted memory (or some thing like that).

You are currently thinking MACROVISION, and macrovision is only found on Video Tapes, Cable TV and DVD movies. NOT computer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom