A Slight Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeves

Beta member
Hi, i have a little problem.
Im trying to get Unreal Tournament GOTY to run on a relatively old machine and am having a bit of trouble. The machine is an AMD K6-2 500, NVIDIA Geforce2 MX, Soundblaster Live Value! with 196 MB of RAM. The trouble is i have two operating systems i can use to run this game; either windows XP(running without background services and so on) or Linux Mandrake 10. Now windows XP willl run the game albeit with poor performance (even after i have trimmed down the eye candy and sound quality) although it wont let me run it in OpenGL and i have downloaded the latest NVIDIA driver. Linux willl let me install the game but not play it, claiming a no entry file error. The question is, is there a way, using one of these OS' to play this game at good performance level without having to buy any extra hardware, such as a p4 processor or whatever. I know this spec is supposed to be able to handle this game, but so far no luck

Sorry if this is on the wrong forum

nah, I think it is the hardware because i recently tried to install unreal 2004 on my dad's system and he has 1ghz and like 256mb of ram and it lagged big time. I think you need a better computer. Someone please say something if I am wrong.

IM running on a newer computer with an older video card, and I cant run it in opengl either. It seems to run just fine for me in direct 3d, so im just going to leave it like that.

Btw, u are talking about the original unreal topurnament right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom