need advice on what stuff to buy please for a gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm22005

Solid State Member
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4800 is the chip I bought for 800.00 and I am trying to build a monster system.
Like every other week when I get paid buy one more piece at a time. Soooo

Here is the deal
First question The chip comes with a heat sink and a fan included should I use that one or get a better one?

Second question What suggestions for a board and a tower? I need a tower and case that supports the new video card slot pci express and the ram ddr x 2 i think. I am trying to spend 200 to 400 bucks every 2 weeks on 1 item at a time so I can have the uber machine lol.....
The video card I am buying is ati is that good with that proccessor or is nvidia better? I am gonna spend 400 bucks this week on the video card sooo? I heard some other card for like 500 bucks is the best ?

Of course this is gonna be for a gaming/ everything computer.....
I f someone could help greatly appreciated.

I also think am i correct all the stuff I need is

tower
motherboard
memory
video card
sound card
ethernet card that is it right?

Also one other question Fryes computer store told me that when I get a case it is better to get a case
without the power supply so they said buy the tower and the power supply separately what do yall think?
they said usually the case can come with one but can be crap...

You can email me back if want at markjabout@yahoo.com thanks all ..........
And am sorry if I sound like an ideot or the questions are lame...lmao

OOOPs I forgot that Fryes computer store told me also that a socket 939 was the best motherboard type to get?
to get is this true?

mm22005 said:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4800 is the chip I bought for 800.00 and I am trying to build a monster system.
Like every other week when I get paid buy one more piece at a time. Soooo

Here is the deal
First question The chip comes with a heat sink and a fan included should I use that one or get a better one?

Keep it unless you plan on overclocking.

mm22005 said:
Second question What suggestions for a board and a tower? I need a tower and case that supports the new video card slot pci express and the ram ddr x 2 i think. I am trying to spend 200 to 400 bucks every 2 weeks on 1 item at a time so I can have the uber machine lol.....

A monster PC like the one your talking about would cost you **** near 3k. That's 15 weeks... or 5 months or so. I would save up all your cash until you can actually buy everything so you can get it all at the current price. Say you bought a CPU and 5 months down the road when you finally use it it's $100 cheaper than when you first bought it. Wait to buy the pieces until you can afford the whole thing. Anyway, on to your question. There aren't any AMD mobo's out that I know of right now that support ddr2, yet. When they do, I personally would look at a an Asus mobo, but any name brand will do. Check reviews before you buy ANYTHING.

mm22005 said:
The video card I am buying is ati is that good with that proccessor or is nvidia better? I am gonna spend 400 bucks this week on the video card sooo? I heard some other card for like 500 bucks is the best ?

Sometimes ATI comes out with better equivelant cards and sometimes NVidia does. They both have there goods and bads and some games are made around a certain brand. Just get a card that has good ratings. Nvidia's FX line of cards were horrid, but they came back with the Geforce 6 series cards. And for awhile Nvidia was coming otu with better cards, then ATI was, then back again. it really depends, read reviews like I said.

mm22005 said:
Of course this is gonna be for a gaming/ everything computer.....
I f someone could help greatly appreciated.

I also think am i correct all the stuff I need is

tower
motherboard
memory
video card
sound card
ethernet card that is it right?

RAM, hard drive, monitor, speakers, some type of cd-rom, keyboard and mouse, and power supply.

mm22005 said:
Also one other question Fryes computer store told me that when I get a case it is better to get a case
without the power supply so they said buy the tower and the power supply separately what do yall think?
they said usually the case can come with one but can be crap...

Yes, it can come with a low quality one. But it can also be cheaper to go that route. I would recommend buying one seperately. Again, checks ratings and reviews first. Newegg.com is your weapon.

mm22005 said:
You can email me back if want at markjabout@yahoo.com thanks all ..........
And am sorry if I sound like an ideot or the questions are lame...lmao

No problem, im use to it.

mm22005 said:
OOOPs I forgot that Fryes computer store told me also that a socket 939 was the best motherboard type to get?
to get is this true?

Yes, it's one of the better ones. Go with that before further confusing yourself :p

By the way, next time you make a post about building a PC for performance you might want to make it under "Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems". Would get much faster responses, and happier moderators!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom