How did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordred

In Runtime
I was just curious how you guys got into gaming, and what you think the top 5 games of all time are. (Strictly your opinion of course.)

I am only 19 years old, so I haven't been around for the older game systems. I have never touched an NES or Atari, and on rare occasions have used the Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis. So keep that in mind.

When I was younger I was not allowed to have video games. When I turned 10 or 11 my parents finally gave in an let me get a Game Boy Color for Christmas. The first game I ever played was "Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX" for the GBA.

Hand held games were fun, but then I had the chance to play my friend's N64 when I was 12 or 13. I was hooked on console gaming. I saved up my allowance for a few months and bought my own N64 with the games "Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" and "Goldeneye." These games had me hooked on Action/Adventure games and FPS games.

It wasn't until a year or so later when I got the PSone. My friend introduced me to the Final Fantasy series of games by bringing over FF7 (the best game of all time IMO.) I couldn't get enough of it. Since that first time I played FF7 I have beaten the game 22 times. I have beat FF9 about 3-4 times, and I hated 8 too much to even finish it. The damage was done. I became a game-o-holic.

Since then I have owned a PS2, PSP, DS, Xbox, Xbox360 and a PC. I rarely play console games any more. I used to be an amazing console FPS player. I was in one of the best online teams in the league (don't remember which league I played in) for "Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow" on the Xbox. I was also an amazing CoD2 and Halo 2 player on the console. This was all up until my good friend introduced me to CS.

I used to have a Dell computer. It was a piece of crap. It could hardly run the original CS, but I absolutely loved playing it. Besides Diablo 2, CS took up all of my spare time. Not long after I discovered CS, I was told about CS:S. I saw a few game play videos and had to build a new PC to run it. With the new PC I became aware of HL2, WoW, BF2, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, and the PC version of FF7 :laughing:.

That pretty much brings me up to today. I am in the process of building yet another Gaming PC, which will be up and running by this weekend hopefully, and I don't intend to stop gaming anytime soon.

Just realized how much I typed...oh well, if you read all that thanks for reading! If you didn't my top 5 games is still short.

My top 5:
FF7
Goldeneye
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Dragoon
CS & CS:S

attari 2600 then the original NES( i still have ROB the robot), then the snes, then n64, then dreamcast and ps1, then ps2, then xbox, then gamecube, now i have a wii. I've pretty much always had some sort of gaming machine. I remember pulling a 36 hour grind fest with a buddy of mine as a kid leveling up in Dragonwarrior.

Ive had the nes, super nes, sega genesis, playstation, ps2, gameboy pocket/ color/advance and dreamcast. Never owned a N64 but played it, never owned a gamecube, and never owned a sega saturn but played it at target once. I stopped playing games for a while after the ps2, and just recently started playing games again actually. The game that got me into pc gaming was cod 2, just loved it.

You had a dreamcast before a playstation? Dreamcast came out right before ps2.

I remember play super mario on the original nintendo then I got a super nintendo my friend and I played Mortal Combat till point of obsession. Then my playstation and Final Fantasy 7 and Mortal Combat anthologies. Then in College I got hooked on UT2004 and its been a PC Gamer ever since.

Played NES when I was a little little kid (about 5 or so). I wasn't good at anything, just liked pressing the buttons xD. Then my oldest brother moved out/took the NES with him. Then we got a Genesis. I played this all the time, since I didn't have many friends in where I lived as a kid. Loved playing Primal Rage, one of my fav games on that system. Same with Jurassic Park (I still know the noclipping code [NYUKNYUK] xD). I played this until my brother got a PS2, which I then began to play that all of the time. He moved out, and I got my own PS2. I played this, and got quite a few games for it over time. I always played console games b/c the PC's I had were crap and couldn't handle games well. Then, I built this beast that I have right now, and play PC games. Then last month, somebody one of my friends knows was selling his Xbox for $50, so I bought it, and softmodded it so I can play emulators/game backups. I hardly play it though, as I'm on my PC xD.

Meh, the order of my systems is probably out of order, as i have slept a few times since those days. I do remember i bought my dreamcast on 9/9/99 :)

When my Mum bought me a Playstation with Crash Bandicoot and Tekken 2 :)

My favurite 5 games (in no particular order)

FFVII
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl (I cannot reccomend this enough to people with nice systems who haven't played it yet)
Resident Evil 2
MGS 1
MGS 2.

well i started 15 - 16 years ago on the sega master with 2 games, sonic and alex the kid, i then got given a old big gray nintendo with mario on it.

then the snes with super mario bros and a few other games, i then (skipping the N64 and dream cast) went to the ps1 with the first ever RPG i played (then got hooked on RPG's because off) was Final Fantasy 7 with all the best games out at the time (crash, GT ect)

i then got a ps2, took me 1 year 2 months of saving and my xmas and birthday money combined to get it,but it was good, i then got a xbox and game cube not long after and had 60 - 70 games combined for all 3

then it took a turn for the worst i got a xbox 360 (dun dun duuuuuun) which takes me to present day gaming, i have a ps3 and half way to a pc

top 5 games well thats hard played so many

from best game i played to least (but still very good)

Final Fantasy 7
Dark cloud (ps2)
super mario bros
Final Fantasy 8 (yeah i love this)
and last Devil may cry

ahh ran out of space to post :( word limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom