Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Halo gets way too much hype when it comes to multiplayer fps's. Even with Halo 2 coming out I still think it won't a light to the likes of Unreal Tournament 2k4 and others...what does everyone think..?

I've played Halo on xbox. My friends that I was playing with were really getting into it, and I was like....whats all the fuss about?

Yeah I think the Halo games are boring. I have played Halo on my friends Xbox and on the PC and they both were kinda boring.

When I first got an Xbox a few months ago, that was the first game I bought. Reason I bought it was because all I heard from Xbox was Halo, Halo, Halo..... So I played it and I was like "Ok..... what makes this any different than any other game out? " The only time I play that game is when friends are over and there is nothing better to do. The levels are boring and small, there a limited weapons, and I hate the fact that people spawn in the same area evertime. If I had the choice I would much rather play Unreal, or Doom3. I doubt I will even buy Halo2 because im sure it will be just like Halo, with a few added weapons and vehicles. The game wasn't bad it just doesn't appeal to me.

oh man you guys are missing the best part. first off xbox halo is not even close and you dont have near the possibilities. but scroll away if thats your thing. jumping warthogs and shooting them in the air. jump on top of each other and look up with your rocket at the dude on top of you and move around, theres soo much lan movie potential. we shot a guy across a map buy throwing plasma grenades on him and then shooting at his feet with rockets at the same time and sent him across the map till you couldnt see him. get in a rocket warthog and drive up to a cliff and shoot at the base of the cliff and backflip your warthog over someone... theres tons of stuff to jack around with besides the actual game. best at a LAN party ofc. everyone stand in a line and crouch up and down and watch them .... just stand in a line and wipe them out with a warthog.... we jumped 7 warthogs with one on flat terrain by shooting the back wheels with a few rockets... or was it the front wheels...hmm anyway try this stuff out its awesome... not on xbox though... i dont even want to talk about it. but if 640x480 is enough for you, more power to ya. ive been spoiled and really cant do anything but 1600x1200. you guys should find some halo movies and look at what ppl have done likeee Halo Hoedown or hodown not sure.... but we halo was not much fun till we started f%#king around. but this is just my humble opinion, tryin to give you ideas.

amd64 3200+
ati 9800xt
maxtor 250gb 8mbC
maxtor sata 160
soyo k8usa
pioneer dvr 107D
corsair 512mb pc3200
audigy2zs platinum
dell 2001fp 20" lcd

i love halo..... halo 2 is gunna be awsome. i've seen movies where the creators are playing it...... IT SWEEEEEEEEt.

Everyone has something they like and dislike. I really like Halo, and have liked it even more as we made up our own games like FoxyLoxy was talking about.

Dave :D

I never understood halos popularity... I went to a few parties where there were four xboxes, four tvs and four players on each... it was fun for a while, but when I compared Halo to other fps's that were out at the time, it just never seemed to be that special a game. I would even rank playing a network game of Duke nukem 3d higher than playing halo. I even gave halo a go single player... i just thought compared to much of the stuff i had played it was weak... I was a MOHAA addict at the time and Halo just never came close to the single player or the internet play of that game... I also loved playing operation flashpoint, half life, unreal, and again personally i just never saw halo come close to these.

Its just my personal opinion though... i know a lot of halo devotees.. i just think they have low standards ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom