can't fly

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i am having trouble, and i do not even have a clue where to go from here. i want to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, in my new build windows 10 machine. i was originally trying to use my old ide powered hp lightscribe dvd burner. it has very little use, and it has always functioned perfectly. until this build and windows 10. well, after almost a week of trying to make that work, i just gave up on it, and installed a known good dvd drive that is sata powered. i checked to make sure it was working properly in windows. and it says it is. i ran all 4 discs which loaded the game into my computer, and all went according to plan. until it was time to play. at the end of the install, it said i needed to play to finalize the install. great, i was ready, i already had the joystick plugged in. so i clicked on the box to play, and nothing happened. hmmm, that's not right. so i then minimized that page, and clicked on the f.s. icon on my desktop. same thing, nothing happens. so i tried running the compatibility tool in windows, 3 times, and every time, i get the same results. absolutely nothing. the computer itself works, as i can play minecraft just fine. where do i go from here????

sorry, i did not think about a game update, i ran it for years as is from the box, and it never skipped a beat. that being said, downloaded, installed. no help. the game still will not start. so i restarted the computer, did not work. then i uninstalled the game, and the update, ran thru the install on both of them again. still no help. when i click the box that says run, the screen flashes like it is going to start, then just sits there. the game does not open. nor will it open from the icon on the screen.

geesh, i either need another pot of coffee, or more sleep. i never even scrolled down past the download link. i am really out of it today. thanks, and sorry. i will post again after i try the rest of the things.

well i tried all of it. most of it is supposed to apply to older o.s. like vista and xp. i do remember having to go thru some of that, now that i did it. for the heck of it, i tried some of the flying apps in windows store (free ones). none of those work correctly either. from not at all, to just barely navigable. i am starting to wonder if i should either go backwards to windows 7 (because i have read that seems to be the gamers choice), or reinstall windows 10, in case either something got screwed up along the way, or i goofed something on the install.

for the amount of trouble this has been, maybe your right. at one time i almost bought that. i was on my way to the checkout with a copy in my hands when it was first released. and i got a phone call from my wife (yet another reason to hate cell phones!) saying she was stranded at the other end of town. there was enough money to pay for a tow truck, or the game. i figured my wife was more valuable than the game. i was right, because i have 2 great kids, that would have been impossible without her. it was a want. and i already had F.S.98, & F.S. WWII Combat, so its not like it was that or nothing. once we found out a child was on the way, every priority changed. and there was always something more important than another game.

i do still wonder why the games i downloaded from the windows store will not work. if the problem is still in my computer. if i try running my F.S. 2004 in my sons Windows 10 system, that should tell me whether the problem is in my computer or not. if it runs fine, then i am going to have to try again.

Back
Top Bottom