The official MTB discussion thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from riding

evil-bikes-revolt-prototype1.jpg

Well a variation of it.. I was careful as it was a 7k bike... RIDICULOUS!! But amazing...

Ya know, I'm not so sure about tubeless systems. I hear some people swear by them, but I have yet to see the benefit. My tubed wheels (slimed) have worked out beautifully ever since... well, forever...

I haven't had a problem with my tubed wheels either. I've heard different things about them, but I don't think I'm going to change anytime soon.

Ya know, I'm not so sure about tubeless systems. I hear some people swear by them, but I have yet to see the benefit. My tubed wheels (slimed) have worked out beautifully ever since... well, forever...

Tubeless wheelsets cost around $750-1000+ depending on riding style. But they work same way as 4x4. You can air down your tires a lot without getting pinch flats. For traction reasons.

7K for a bike? That's pretty crazy, this thing was 6k, and it's a 2010 model.
1001045u.jpg

Getting back on topic though, I would love to ride one of those bikes. I'm used to 20" bmx bikes so a big wheeled bike with close to dirt bike suspension would be amazing to ride.

7K for a bike? That's pretty crazy, this thing was 6k, and it's a 2010 model.

Getting back on topic though, I would love to ride one of those bikes. I'm used to 20" bmx bikes so a big wheeled bike with close to dirt bike suspension would be amazing to ride.

Its nice.. They sag a lot when you sit. Today I rode up a 6" curb on the evil without popping my front tire and there is no jolt. You definitley know your going of a curb but you don't go flying over your handle bars or have to lift the front tire. I think I am going to go for a 4X hardtail. As they are cheaper and can still handle some pretty burly stuff.

Transition_Bank_Side_n.jpg

The bike I will hopefully have by the end of September.

I've been doing a lot of bike commuting lately and it's actually rather enjoyable. It helps that I realize that I'm not spending money on my gas guzzling truck, but it's a good workout too. Now I just need to get some money so that I can convert one of my bikes into a true commuter. Mainly just by fixing the broken shifters and brake levers, and also adding a rack, and some slicks.

All right - let's talk about some racks now. (git yo mind outa tha gutter)

I have an Elantra, and I used to use a trunk rack. However, hauling bikes up and down the east coast countless times and biking every weekend has resulted in the trunk lid to show signs of sag - where at the top, it begins to have wider gaps in the seams. So I bought a tow hitch, mounted it myself, and got a hitch mount so there's nothing touching the trunk.

That's all well and good, but I got to thinking, I'd like to haul 1 extra bike to South Carolina in 2 weeks... So I thought, what if I adjusted the straps so the trunk mount is holding 1 bike almost horizontally over the trunk, and then put the other bikes on the hitch mount accordingly.

Space wise, it seems to work fine. I figured I'd ask here to find opinions regarding it. Can anybody think of any reason that'd be a bad idea, or perhaps, not legal? etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom