Soundblaster or onBoard sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwokwai

In Runtime
I am going to build a PC for gaming.
I know most Motherboard has onBoard 5.1 or 7.1 channel support, but friends suggest me buying a Creative SoundBlaster.

Any idea?

as far as i know, better to have an independence-soundcard than to have onboard-soundcard. onboard-soundcard just makes motherboard works heavier coz of some of its memory took for playing the sound.
with independence-soundcard, memory that used to play the sound taken from its own memory. then motherboard works on max performance (^^')> right or not ???

If you don't want to spend alot of money and you also don't want to use onboard then look for a Audigy 2 ZS, should be pretty cheap now.
I have one, it preforms well.

If you want to spend a good amount look for the Blue gears Mystique. (I don't think neweeg has it anymore)

The High End would probably be Creatives card with all the extras.
(External Box, Remote, I think 250+ ish)

^ Audigy 2 ZS is excellent, and if you are on an EXTREMELY tight budget, the SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit is also excellent.

I brought SB Audigy 4

I brought a SB Audigy 4 this afternoon, it costs around US 69 dollars.

Two CDs are included.

I have to spend another 2 hrs to configure all the setting!
It's tough for me!

BTW, it consumes quite a lot of system resources and, of course power!

The General said:
^ What? No it doesn't. What makes you say it consumes lots of resources and power??

I see the it use up 12% of my system memory, and 32% CPU when I was playing music.
I have also brought a 5.1 stereo and its power consumption is 71W.
Besides, the creative SB Auidgy 4 as it said in the instruction, has to draw 20W from PSU.
so, I have to be more concerned about the electric bill. :p

this is probably due to all of the software. Either that, or the media player you are using is a resource hog. That looking at the task manager will NOT show you how well your soundcard is performing. You shouldn't go by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom