Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic $44.99 - Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow three moderators replied. I feel special =). Thanks all I'll pick up the Xtreme Music Deal for $44.99. Can't go wrong =)

i was talking about the Xtrememusic. i was orignally planning on getting a Xonar but for $45 the Xtrememusic looks good.

Easily.. The Xtreme Audio is just a rebranded Live! card and doesn't' even have an X-Fi Processor on it

You'll notice the jump easily

Easily.. The Xtreme Audio is just a rebranded Live! card and doesn't' even have an X-Fi Processor on it
Yeah, Creative just made the effects run in software for the XtremeAudio, so it uses more CPU power - mind you, some of the effects you don't want turned on anyway, because they only make the sound quality worse (they claim to increase it, such as the Crystalliser)
That, and the sound quality is lower in general on the XtremeAudio

I'm looking at a new soundcard, I would LOVE the Xonar Essence STX soundcard because of it's built in headphone amplifier to go with the HD555's i'm getting, but funds do not alow, noway near.

My next best hope is the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 7.1 because it has a EMI shield. I know all to well how annoying interference can be, so the EMI shield coupled with the quality audio is very attractive to me.

But realisticly, i'm gonna have to settle with a ExtremeMusic :mad:, because whilst i will not settle with any lesser of a headphone than the HD555 i can make do with a lower quality soundcard, because i will also be using the headphones on my dads amp.

I hate money.

I'm looking at a new soundcard, I would LOVE the Xonar Essence STX soundcard because of it's built in headphone amplifier to go with the HD555's i'm getting, but funds do not alow, noway near.

My next best hope is the Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 7.1 because it has a EMI shield. I know all to well how annoying interference can be, so the EMI shield coupled with the quality audio is very attractive to me.

But realisticly, i'm gonna have to settle with a ExtremeMusic :mad:, because whilst i will not settle with any lesser of a headphone than the HD555 i can make do with a lower quality soundcard, because i will also be using the headphones on my dads amp.

I hate money.
If you want an X-Fi, I'd still suggest an Auzentech card over the Creative ones.
While the X-Fi audio processor is quite good, the other components of the Creative cards aren't.

though you can get the Essence STX for ~$166 here

If you want an X-Fi, I'd still suggest an Auzentech card over the Creative ones.
While the X-Fi audio processor is quite good, the other components of the Creative cards aren't.

though you can get the Essence STX for ~$166 here

Huge difference from 45 to 166 though. :(

Wait but I'm confused. Is it worth it to buy the Creative XtremeMusic? I'd be upgrading from onboard sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom