Sennheiser HD800 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh noes ! We need reinforcements... Mak, pm Ricanflow ! :D

Which are you running now?

None, i use my monitors during the day and then at night some in ear monitors do me nicely, in this case Denon AH-C551

denon-ear-phones_54.jpg

There good but i would prefer some cans.

Ah I've heard good things about those, I much prefer cans though :)

I use Creative EP-830 for my portable setup and have some Soundmagic PL-30s coming in the post soon. Both are supposed to be quite good bang/buck earbuds and I was impressed with the creatives...stoked to hear the soundmagics :)

I will never withdraw the comment on bose, i've never been let down by bose! ;)

If you like them that is fine. We are not asking you to withdraw your comment. I was pointing out the feelings of many here on the subject matter before someone came by and decided to post something a bit more harsh.;)

I have a old set of Bose speakers that work great. I love them. They are just regular speakers and not something that uses all the tricks. They serve their purpose. :happy:

I will never withdraw the comment on bose, i've never been let down by bose! ;)

Oh, so you like hearing damage? Thats cool. :D

I use Shure E4C's for "portable" stuff, and then on stage I use ATH-M30's (nothing special at all...) and for home, I use ATH-M40fs. I love them... they have a very flat, and accurate response and extremely comfortable at the same time.

Oh, so you like hearing damage? Thats cool. :D

I use Shure E4C's for "portable" stuff, and then on stage I use ATH-M30's (nothing special at all...) and for home, I use ATH-M40fs. I love them... they have a very flat, and accurate response and extremely comfortable at the same time.

If there anything like the ATH-D40fs then they sound quite boxed in, and they arn't that comfy. Try some AKG-K701's, far, far better.

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD900's coupled with an Asus Xonar D2X, both of which are quite good in terms of price.
Yes, way better than Bose will ever be.

Anyway, how do you think they'd sound compared to ATH-AD1000's or AD2000's?
Unfortunately not :p

The only thing that can sound the exact same as a piano, is a piano.
The only thing that can sound the exact same as someone knocking on a door, is someone knocking on a door.

You see wear im going, they'll get close, but in the end they will never get there.
That's the definition of an asymptote.

I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD900's coupled with an Asus Xonar D2X, both of which are quite good in terms of price.
Yes, way better than Bose will ever be.

Anyway, how do you think they'd sound compared to ATH-AD1000's or AD2000's?
That's the definition of an asymptote.

AD2000's are supposed to be incredible, truly incredible. They are not the kinda headphones you get to use with your PC, you'll want to be getting a dedicated CD player and head-amp like a graham slee solo, darkvoice, mini dot mk2 etc. Or get the DAC Zero 24bit and use it as an eternal dac for your pc, as it is known to have a pretty good headphone output. Still i just wouldn't use it with a PC at all, too noisy of an environement.

if your looking for a budget amp/cd setup get this the Denon DCD-500AE as your CD player and this as a very cheep but good amp Micro Cmoy headphone amp - Opamp2227 - Amplifier - eBay (item 250377812481 end time Feb-26-09 23:46:13 PST) (it's also a good portable amp for your ipod) But if you want something better then this is the way to go 2008 New Version Darkvoice 336SE Headphone Tube Amplifi - eBay (item 180236867549 end time Mar-21-09 21:47:02 PDT)

:D That is a good pretty cheep setup.

ps

I totally just had to google "define: asymptote" but yes it does seem fitting :)

hehe. all good things are expensive ;) (except some things.. :eek:)

I want some, i herd some once for like 15 seconds with 1812 overture playing.. oh my. Beautifull !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom