Just got the logitech Z-3200, some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
after reading reviews I saw it was a very highly recommended 2.1 system that is actually better then its successor the 623, anyways I noticed it only has a green plug to plug into the sound card have they totally abandoned the black wire and orange wires for subwoofer and rear speakers?

Also is it better if I turn the satillite speakers toward me or more perpendicular to my shoulders?

If it's 2.1 then there are no rear speakers, just the two main ones plus a sub. The green wire will have two channels, left and right, for the two speakers, and perhaps an extra channel for the sub. No need for any more wires.

Edit: LOL I just googled 'logitech Z-3200' to find out more about it and verify my facts, this topic is the first result :p

Thats because he probably has the "2300s" ;) The sub takes LFE from left and right channels and uses a crossover to designate signal to the sub. Not much goes on with 2.1 setups.

Speaker toe in is subjective. Some people like it but if done it is only slight, the speaker faces should be pretty much parallel to create a good sound stage. Not that you will get much of one with cheap PC speakers.

I wouldn't worry to much. There is no "definitely do not toe in" rule, so just do what sounds best to you. Most likely you will prefer it as it will be perceived louder.

The perfect stereo image is created using a triangle of equal lengths. For instance:

The satellites are 4 feet apart from each other facing the exact same direction. Your left ear should be 4 feet from the left speaker and same for the right. The subwoofer is non-directional, but should be within the same 4 feet. If you have a true stereo setup configured correctly, it can sound as good if not better than surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom